Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bob! The first choice in Motels would be The Village Inn, it's fairly close, clean, and reasonable. Even has a nice restaurant. Those that have stayed there like it. Just north on I-5 from the 194A turn off are several more motels because of the shopping center, airport and major hospital nearby. We are an easy trip from these also. In the Eugene area near the U of O (duckville) there are also plenty of motels. The ones to stay away from are the Main Street, Springfield, motels! However, be sure to read the user ratings from these for a good time! No trailer this year??? As far as the Farleyville Fair Grounds go, there has already been and will be even more done since the last GTG. This years weather has been good too us. We have also had some fun visits and are looking forward to several new faces........More too come.

Well we are about eight weeks out from the 2015 version of the Pacific Northwest GTG. Are You Ready ??? We are getting there! Left overs from the Bunny Days are gone, Taxes filed & Paid, tractor brakes and steering fixed, shop a bit cleaner, new wood lined up, shower up dated with a higher flow heater, shack painted, target area cleaned up and a new fence along that side! We have even had some great visits from members and some non members! I have a few more saws and a couple more motorcycles. Made a couple WILDTHING changes and got a bit more power and speed. Still lots more to do and some work crews to plan but as I said..........WE ARE GETTING THERE!!!!

As posted on our Facebook page ( Pacific northwest GTG ) we will be having a work crew on the first week end of May in order to get some things done in prep for the GTG. Not sure at this time of the exact tasks but you can be sure it will be fun and good practice for the GTG itself. Of course there will be some time to work on our Beer/BS skills. Newbies welcome! Also if you are a bit or more musical remember there is the GTG Kerf Theater and Ball Room upstairs from the chainsaw sand box. PM me for specific details if needed.....Bob

Well I finished up a gear drive to bring to the gtg this past weekend, and have another in for welding and paint matching. As the mccullochs will be well represented, I am focusing on other brands. I will have more room this year now that I am driving a full size truck, so I'm bringing all kinds of stuff I guess. See y'all soon:)

Nice to see that some are getting ready. This coming week end will be the first of the work crews! "T" ( son in law) has informed me that he is/has set up some cables and sky lines over a few large logs somewhere in the DEEP WOODS so that we will be able to yard, hoist and load much the same as last year! This time I'm going to get the shot of his battered but reliable Toyota hanging ass up from pulling a bit too big a log! If you can make the work crew ( we will be working both Saturday and Sunday) at any time please call or PM me so you can be included in the fun! Lots to do....So little time...BUT SO MUCH FUN!!!

Latest posts

Back