Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Eccentric! I'm not sure what he intends to do with his grandfather's saws ! We only went into one of the many buildings. The one with his current logging STUFF was a ways away. He has about 100 acres. Once we get a work crew together and start fetching the logs we will see and know more. He and his two sons will be at the GTG......Bob

Hi Eccentric! I'm not sure what he intends to do with his grandfather's saws ! We only went into one of the many buildings. The one with his current logging STUFF was a ways away. He has about 100 acres. Once we get a work crew together and start fetching the logs we will see and know more. He and his two sons will be at the GTG......Bob

I'm glad they'll be there. Hopefully we can get at least one of his Grandpa's Macs going for him. Would be cool to see him and his sons running Grandpa's big 2-man Mac. I just threw my 'claim' out early so I can be in front of the 'vulture line' later if needed.:D

Well I guess I'm getting into the GTG Mode! Thanks to a bad case of CAD I have acquired 8 saws in the last couple weeks! They are a Wright recip., Sears/Poulan 3700, husky 262xp / 28", vintage Sears 77cc / 16", McCulloch 33/35 gear drive, Homelite 750 / 42" , Dolmar 133 /28" and lastly a nice Homelite VI944 / 24". Just as the barn/shop was starting to show some floor. I'm a sad case..........Bob

Oh, come on Bob, you know you love it just as we do :clap:. Mike, Jackie, and I look forward to seeing you and everybody. I have a new member and his wife interested. They bought my 111S and have several other old Jonnys they will bring. Also trying to get one of the midwest members who will be in Portland that weekend to join us.

I'm hoping to bring my three saw plan. Nothing exotic but if all goes well I'll have the 024 Woodboss, the 361, and an 038 Mag II.

The 038 is the question mark. It needs a lot of cleaning up and some work to get it running.

I'm also hoping to do a muff mod on the 361 before then. Think there will be anyone there who could give me a lesson on carb tuning?

Well we had a little FUN today in Farleyville! I had expected to be visited today by a well known McCulloch speaker from the Midwest so since I don't really speak that language I invited some GTGers that do. In addition to more than a few yellow saws there were some Mastermind built Husqvarna's from Sawfun, ( 36, 346, and a 395) Torinocobra's Philbilt 3120 (48" bar and 8 pin sprocket), and several from my own collection of stock and non. There weren't many of us but we ran a lot of saws! Of the Mastermind builds the 395 was the most impressive for me. Needless to say we all had a GREAT TIME! IMG_1987.JPG IMG_1988.JPG IMG_1987.JPG IMG_1988.JPG Seems like I'm screwing up the pictures so that's it for now....Bob

Attachments

• IMG_1992.JPG
    IMG_1992.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 38
In my defense, I was just trying to figure out what the funny colored THING was, by the time I realized it was a chainsaw the photos had been snapped.

DSC07117.JPG

This is not a photoshop efforts folks, those two distinguished gentlemen really are that handsome.

DSC07119c.jpg

On our way back to I-5 we had some interesting traffic beside us.

DSC07122.JPG

DSC07123.JPG

Not unusual in this part of the country perhaps, but I am much more accustomed to trucks hauling corn, soybeans, feed, pigs, turkeys, and spent layers.

Mark

Back