Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still on for 2015? I would like to make it... can I please get a who/what/where/when update?

Above are some pictures of our quest for logs. "T" had previously climbed and rigged a skyline so that we could yard and raise logs then load them on the trailers. Worked great! A couple logs were a tad punky but on the whole "Drone Ville" will love em! Next logs will be those from an earlier post and then, hopefully, paccity will again be able to come through with another, "Let Me Pose In Front!" log. Things are shaping up. By the way......It seems as if this will be the year of the Mac. With the news of Mark Heimannm's coming more than a few GTGers are bringing the YELLOW!

Bring'n two 125's and at least one 101b and likely a second. The Mac gear drives are the hold up at the moment except the 660 which is all set to go.

Is your 660 a 2/1 or 3/1 saw Don? I can't remember. Dave has a 2/1 660 and my 3/1 650. Will try to get him to attend...........and bring those saws.:D

That's how I remember my 650. I only had a 32" bar on it (with 1/2"). IIRC, Dave has a 42 or 48" for his gear drive Macs (650, 660, and a 1-60 series).

I have a 42" hardnose for my 840, but it won't be ready to go for this year. Don't know what ratio is in it yet.

I have a 42" bar for my 2/1 Super XP-1130, but it's not gonna be ready this year either. Just too busy. Would like to find 54-60"ish bars for the 840 and 1130 for the future.

This is a 'building year' (LOL). Hope to have some time over the next year + to get through some of the projects.....

I have a 58" & 60" but those are for an 890 & 895. I am saving the 72" for the cp125g whenever I get it finished. I will bring a mostly complete 1-61 that needs at least a stuffer. A bar stud and bar plates as well as the bar hold down piece. It would make someone a good project. Also a 1-85 that I cannot get to pop and haven't looked at the piston but it is complete. It seems an oddball at 95cc's. Most Macs seem to be 87, 99, or 103cc's not 95. Another good project saw for someone.

WOW !!! With all that Yellow we can set up a 3-4 foot log and have some 100 plus cc Gear Drive races! We will start the first heat just after breakfast, break for a late lunch, then the second round can start and hopefully finish in time for a late dinner. Final on Sunday if the combatants have stopped vibrating and can still hear! It will be great! two days of drone racing!......Insert big grin here!.......bob

Back