Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all participants!!!............

With a SPECIAL...."OH MAN"....:rock:....To those PNW GTGers who were able to come early and/or stayed late working their asses off keeping us rolling! What a GREAT BUNCH....:msp_smile:....They are what makes these GTGs SPECIAL to us and all!.....:msp_thumbsup:....:cheers:.....We also had some GREAT FIRST TIMERS adding new dimensions (think bars & cc's) to the fun! THIS was a SPECIAL YEAR for us and no matter how many more of these we do, this one has the "warm place"....:msp_smile:....On a more personal note, it gives me GRINNING PLEASURE to relate to all those who rabidly follow every WildThing race, that I was able to once again defend my mostly personally appointed, "PACIFIC NORTHWEST WILDTHING CHAMPIONSHIP" !!!.......:msp_wink:.....It was close:buttkick: & without your support I never could have done it!.....More to come.......Bob

A big thank you!!!

Thank you again Bob for another great GTG! And to all that showed up and helped with the supply of wood and the work that was involved in getting it set up.
Brian and I just got home a little while ago.
Needless to say we had a great time and really enjoyed seeing our friends and making new ones.
We did a lot of cutting, joking, ribbing each other and eating some great food!
A special thanks to Shannon for helping out your Dad and cooking for us.
I look forward to the next one.
I also had fun showing someone how to do a little carving.

Thanks for hosting us. The Used Dog recovered enough by the time we made a stop at Longview for groceries and coffee and was able to hop in the pickup without an assist.

That shower is great!

I'll practice my candle making for next year. The candles were a hoot to make.

No time yet to download pictures and video. The temperate rainforest was taking over the yard so I had to run the lawnmower. One drawer was on the floor in the pointy trailer when I opened it up. Must be that Cornelius Pass? The Used Dog is catching up on his sleep.

Thanks and hope to see youse guys again.

Great pics Aarron!! It sounds like everyone made it home safe.
For all Facebook users, check out all the pics/videos Shannon has posted.
Did anybody get close-up pics of Terry's "slightly" modified Super 797?? A Very unique intake setup, made for a very hungry saw, very nice.

Bob thank you soo much for the perfect weekend. You and "T" really out did yourselfs what a great setup. Breakfast by the river was a real treat and thank you Shannon for cooking. I know I speak for all when I say we love the shower setup.

Heres a few pics.

A pretty Mac

299724d1370970497-pretty-mac-jpg

Schmuck goes East coast whith his ported 390

299725d1370970490-kevin-jpg

Randy mac and Gologit discuss the latest in skull covers

299726d1370970469-hat-many-colors-jpg

Eccentric touches up some vintage iron

299727d1370970463-eccentric-jpg

Last edited:
It is a great honor and privilege to be able to attend this GTG, it is one of my top events of the year. I can't thank Bob and family enough, for providing such a stellar atmosphere, location and hospitality.
As always, we left with more than happy memories.
Bob, the grapes survived the trip home, good the thing the border check station was closed. They will be finding their place in our yard soon.
As will the Alders that slowp gave us, the spot has been picked out for them. Many thanks, plants are an enduring reminder of good friends.
I want to thank Kevin for the cammo job on the book, I owe you one.
The Super EZ Homelite in the wooden box will be a traveling companion, couldn't ask for a better set-up.

Aaron, having you there was great, you had anything we needed, when we needed it. You were able to keep the old Ford moving, it was a comfort having you follow us all the way up and back.

Terry, the hat is in an honorable spot.:D
That evening playing with the McCullochs on the tailgate of old Orange was a blast.

More later, still catching up on things.

More pics

Have to say a big thank you for the chance to run 2 of the 090s

More pics

Mike and his 090 g with 96 inch bar

299730d1370973246-big-stump-jpg

Saws of many colors
299731d1370973273-colors-jpg

Cookies anyone just a few theres tons more

299732d1370973292-cookies-jpg

Last edited:
Something Bob does is give a chance to win a free saw by climbing up and getting it. Torinocobra got one of them. Hey Bob when you gonna hang that 064 up there youd get a big fight for the chance to climb for that one :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

299734d1370974387-saw-jpg

Mntngal has fun carving faces in scandahoovian candles theyre fun to watch burn.

299735d1370974392-joe-smoker-jpg

The world famous world traveling used dog

299736d1370974398-used-dog-jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely awesome picture. There stands about 175 years of combined logging experience!:msp_biggrin:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Well since neither Kevin or I have any logging experience.................you're getting that figure solely from the two 'veterans' in the foreground. I'm thinking Bob and Randy may have something to say to you regarding your math......:popcorn:

Well since neither Kevin or I have any logging experience.................you're getting that figure solely from the two 'veterans' in the foreground. I'm thinking Bob and Randy may have something to say to you regarding your math......:popcorn:

Yeah... Bob's got that much himself...

Randy's on his own...

:msp_sneaky:

Great pics guys...

I was actually only speaking about Bob and Randy! I actually thought my estimate was somewhat conservative. Just kidding... I was merely jesting good naturedly at the expense of our distinguished colleagues. Except for the emoticons, they reflect genuine admiration.

East TX weather forecast: Possible musical hammers falling from the sky:msp_biggrin:

Door Estiments Coming Tomorrow.....

For those that are interested.....To set the record straight.....IT WASN"T THE "USED DOG DRIVING". and for the curious.... Think, golf cart about 15 feet from door, the girls and grand kids along with a large Rot/Lab piling in, so in order to make room someone says "SIT"!....... He did!.......... Poor dog never had a chance at steering as he was looking the wrong way.............Later we tried to get him to pose with his paws on the wheel but I don't think he feels like driving anymore. On a less expensive note: Some of you may have left stuff behind.....Bars, chains, saws, chairs and so forth.....If you are missing anything let me know and I will look, find and work out a return. We had a GREAT TIME......."Was That Living?" "OR WHAT?"..............Still Grinning.......Bob

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. This was my first Farleyville GTG but it won't be my last.

Many thanks to Bob, T, and Shannon for all the hard work and extra effort. I can't think of anything that wasn't perfect. People, weather, food, saws, great campfire conversation...it was all just right.

I just got home today and haven't converted any pictures yet but I will as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Back