Parkside Battery Chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys, Andrew here with a new purchase👌image.jpgimage.jpgBought this thing yesterday and its been good so far✨

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
saw the price recoiled in horror didn't pursue futher

$345 for a decent battery saw is completely reasonable. Actually that's on the low end for battery saws, and will only get you homeowner/consumer stuff. If you want a pro battery saw, the ticket to that club costs a lot more.

The Milwaukee top handle might be in the gray area.

That battery is so tiny.

I see the button on the side of the handle instead of on the part the palm usually contacts.

There is a milling section on here. That looks like band sawmill scrap and I think I can see some rail in the background.
The battery is tiny, yes. But i really just bought it because i plan to build a worshop.and sice its so light i can use it to build that workshop rather than using a gas chainsaw. Also i dont use it to cut that rail in the backround dont worry🤝🏻. Also it was pretty cheap. I laid like... smth like 240 USD for the saw and the battery and the charger.

$345 for a decent battery saw is completely reasonable. Actually that's on the low end for battery saws, and will only get you homeowner/consumer stuff. If you want a pro battery saw, the ticket to that club costs a lot more.

The Milwaukee top handle might be in the gray area.
I have two Ryobi battery saws. 40V. one rear handle, one top handle. Each is about equivalent to a 35cc gas saw. 14" & 16" bars, 3/8 lopro chain. Only time will tell if they hold up, but they cut well enough, and the batteries last if:
they are OEM Ryobi batteries - I've tried other brand replacement, lower chain speed and die quickly.
4aH or bigger batteries - the small 2aH batteries don't have enough power to keep the saws running in the cut. I've contacted Ryobi about this.
I will say I'm still testing these, but the rear handle has been run all day in hot weather with no problems.
Since someone mentioned it, the safety button/trigger unlock is a thumb unlock on these, and I will probably remove it from the top handle.
I would label these "decent" and a much cheaper option. Very good for homeowner, especially considering the other 40V tools. I also have the pole saw. Hope it helps someone.

Looks like there are 4ah Parkside batteries available, and adapters to run batteries from other power tool manufacturers.
So you say that maybe a longer lasting einhell battery could fit it? If its the right size and conector?

Back