Partner p100 anybody?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmc2003

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody got any leads on a partner p100 in reasonable shape? My dad had one when i was younger, and it was a beast! It needed a coil, and nobody could find one. But this was before we had internet...or cable...lol. I wish we still had it! Any ideas anybody?

Got a P70 that runs ok, for the small stuff, because the piston and ring are pretty much scored up. P70 is complete except for an echo tank vent.

So were these saws really as beastly as i remember, or was it just cause i wwas a kid?

A buddy of mine used to have a P85 and it was an awesome saw, coils for them are next to impossible to find.

The P100's are and excellent saw.
I have run a couple and i think they
are a great saw just not the most powerful
100cc saw out there.

Just my thoughts Lee

I had a P85 for a while. It had a 24" bar and was a real powerhouse. My Dad borrowed it and fell in love with it........Apparently if your dad borrows an old chainsaw and likes it, he gets to keep it.

the p85 and p100

The P85 (same base as p100) was what got me on this site in the first place. I found one in the dump for $10 and redid the points then tracked down a coil from pes+ and was good to go. sold it off as i was annoyed with some stripped threading.. my pre love of loctite days.

if theres anything you want to know about these feel free to ask.. or look up threads of my p85 adventures.

pretty grunty saw.. i moved from that into jonsereds 111s territory then over to big sachs land... then around to dirt bikes.... then my wife reminded me that we use firewood to heat the house so i need at least one "house" saw at a time for that purpose.

beware or like me you will end up with 20+ saws in your barn. never completely liquidated.

...Apparently if your dad borrows an old chainsaw and likes it, he gets to keep it.

Dad, are you finished with the chainsaw that you borrowed?

No, son.

Do you know when you'll be finished?

No, son.

Dad, am I going to get my saw back?

No, son.

so the question is.. what do you want to know?

i've had leads on them in the past that have come and gone. might end up with one soon.. who knows. i've already enjoyed the adventure of restoring something from that series and now i'm on to the next thing. i've gotten a bunch of good contacts out of the deal so that was half the fun.

maybe go track down a military drone or rc plane or even a scooter that once was one and convert it back.. sounds like a nice time huh.

I had a P85 for a while. It had a 24" bar and was a real powerhouse. My Dad borrowed it and fell in love with it........Apparently if your dad borrows an old chainsaw and likes it, he gets to keep it.

That's pretty much the real deal, and the same goes for grandpa (goodbye thin-ring Husky 2100). Also- if your mom discovers that you have pruners that she really likes, she gets to keep those too (goodbye Felco and Fiskars snips). :cry:

I have a really nice PM1000 I've been contemplating selling, but it's such a cool saw that I just haven't been able to commit to doing so.

Not to Hijack this thread but i am looking for the rear handle assemble for a P100 or P85 and Mac PM1000
is the same.
Or possibly some old partner dealers i can check
for old stock parts

Thanks for any help Lee

All i wanna know is where to find one really. And i have used the search feature...not much help with the p100. Specs would be cool i guess. But i mainly just want one cause the ole man had one.

Back