Partner p100 anybody?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is well used, it smokes funny b/c the carb has issues, and for the life of me i cant get the devil of an oiler to stay primed. I have no idea what its worth, nor does it really matter to me. Just one of the many projects i dont have time for or really need for that matter. Im going to list it on the bay when i get a chance.

oh by the way. speaking of funny jonsered connections with partner. the well discussed 2083/2077 etc etc threads.. well to add to that i've had my top end from that 2083.. well the whole saw sent out to an AS celebrity to be milled and married to some 066/660 innards. the previously attempted 288 just wouldn't work out. i think he dubbed it a Stohnsered... or Stihnsered. Lets get old school and maybe call it a Stohnseruhds. Anyways... enjoying all the weird saw inner relationships and finding what matches with what.

i'm thinking i need to get handy with a mill coming up.

now i guess i have to watch for that mac huh. depending if its points or ignitron... or which of the mountings to the cylinder the coil uses.

i recall that was why i sold my p85.. the coil mount... before i had a love affair with loctite. now loctite and i are quite romantic. jb weld is our third wheel.

wocka wocka wocka-fozzy bear

oh by the way. speaking of funny jonsered connections with partner. the well discussed 2083/2077 etc etc threads.. well to add to that i've had my top end from that 2083.. well the whole saw sent out to an AS celebrity to be milled and married to some 066/660 innards. the previously attempted 288 just wouldn't work out. i think he dubbed it a Stohnsered... or Stihnsered. Lets get old school and maybe call it a Stohnseruhds. Anyways... enjoying all the weird saw inner relationships and finding what matches with what.

i'm thinking i need to get handy with a mill coming up.

now i guess i have to watch for that mac huh. depending if its points or ignitron... or which of the mountings to the cylinder the coil uses.

i recall that was why i sold my p85.. the coil mount... before i had a love affair with loctite. now loctite and i are quite romantic. jb weld is our third wheel.

wocka wocka wocka-fozzy bear

Did you happen to sell the P85 on ebay well over a year ago.
I bought one from Maine on ebay. It might have been yours.

Lee

Partner P100 / Pro Mac 1000

I was picking up a log splitter I found on Craigslist and noticed a couple chainsaws in the guys garage. He said I could have the pair of lightly used Pro Mac 1000s for $500. My Stihl dealer says I paid way to much for these old beasts but I disagree. I also got a 24" Alaskan mill as part of the deal. I used to hate Macs with a passion and still do to an extent and look at these saws more as the Partner saws that they are. The vibration control is not as good as newer units but they have plenty of power and cut like a light sabre! If anyone is looking for parts I would try Wallenberg sales in California. They sometimes even have complete saw built from parts for about $1000.

Thanks Lee - The saws really are nice and clean and do run well so whats not to like? If a saw starts right up and cuts good that's what matters most not the color of the saw. I bought these from an older guy who just used them on Sundays to mill up a bit of lumber for his woodworking hobby. The rest of the time he was an engineer of some sort he always made a point to never leave gas in the carb. He even bought a small woodlot to go with the saws - it was also for sale but I didn't't have the money for that- just the log splitter, saws, gen set, and vacuum tubes and stuff was all I could afford that day. Well I'm rambling - Thanks

I agree, if you got two clean PM1000's for $500, you got an excellent deal!

Back