Parts for 051AV?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon E

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How hard is it to find parts for a 051AV? I have one near me that seems to be cheap, guy says it "runs fine but needs a tuneup". It also needs one heck of a cleaning, too. I suspect that I might have a dog on my hands, but the 051 is much bigger than anything I have now and might be good for a cheap milling saw if I can get it working good.

I've been able to order every part I've needed right from the Stihl dealer. I've needed some pretty random and oddball stuff and they've been able to get it all and even had some on the shelf. You can order aftermarket pistons and cylinders pretty cheap too if you want to go that route. The only thing that kind of sucks is that they use a large mount bar that's different from most of the other Stihls, so they are kind of expensive and there aren't too many aftermarket ones. It uses the same bar as the 075 and 076, and also the 088 and MS880 I believe.

If it's cheap go for it. They are heavy and don't turn a lot of r's, but they do have gobs of torque and would do a good job, plus there were a lot made so used parts are easy to find too.

Here's a pic of mine that I rebuilt last summer:

attachment.php

I agree, parts are plentiful. The 051 and the similar 076 were in production outside of the US market until recently in chainsaw and cutoff saw versions. You should have no trouble getting new or used parts to fix one up. Here one that I recently fixed up.

Stihl0512.jpg

-John

Nice saws guys. As they said, all the parts are available. I would go out on a limb and saw the TS510 out sold the 051. Lots of parts saws out there.

It would be a nice saw for a chainsaw mill. Lots of torque and nice chip clearance.

My reliable 051AV cuts like there is no tomorrow! Heavy, noisy and thirsty, but she never gets stumped! Everyone likes to give her a whirl when she fires up! Let us know how it works for you.

Latest posts

Back