Permatex Motoseal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mifirewoodguy

I live off of 2 stroke gas and fresh cut oak.
Reaction score
Is Permatex motoseal anything like Threebond or yamabond? Cant seem to find threebond or yamabond around here so I was hoping this Ultimate Grey gasket maker was close or the same?? want to use it on the case to cylinder mate up.

yep, motoseal works fine. It's a bit runnier than yama, honda or dirko but it does the same job. runny is actually ok, it keeps ya from putting it on too thick anyways

Yamabond should be available at the Yamaha dealer. Hondabond from Honda, Threebond from wherever you find it??? They're all on ebay.

I use Yamabond 4 the semi-drying sealant.

thats funny i just found motoseal at oreillys tonight.been lookin for suzuki bond or three bond for ages but its not available in my neck of the woods

I used it on my makita bb kit two years ago and it's held up through at least 50 tanks so far with .026 squish and 180psi compression. On second thought it might have been .023 squish I can't remember but it runs like an angry bear either way.

Last edited:
Back