Photos of personal gear.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how Derek puts his first aid kit front row center along with his saws. Shows how he prioritizes things, seeing as every vile, loathome, creeping, crawling, slithering, stawking creature imaginable is in that territory of his!

Big BUGS!

Originally posted by Chucky
I like how Derek puts his first aid kit front row center along with his saws. Shows how he prioritizes things, seeing as every vile, loathome, creeping, crawling, slithering, stawking creature imaginable is in that territory of his!

Heya Chucky, I wish I had the exact stats for you but its somthing like the ten most DEADLY any things, pop up in Australia

From fish to bugs and plenty of killer snakes...I have three first aid kits around, but sorry not one of them is in the photo..

Thats my CHAIN and gears box..lmao..I do have my prioities right

Chain saws first....When the shots were taken, i was cleaning out the truck there was no plan to it as such...If I were to "pose" the gear..I would have the first aid kits on veiw, very proud of them!

The saws (whats left) would be next then all the grovey colored alloy toys I;ve gotten latley..( need somthing red next)..Very pretty....Can you get that lowereing systyem ( from TJ's) in RED?

Same day ...See why i needed a clean up?

You left out some important adjectives; PAINFULL, STINGING, BITEING and DEADLEY......Most of them just STINK!...Derek..

hmmm

he has now adjusted the colours to make the ground look normal, next he will be telling us they dont walk on their heads down there.

jamie

PAY ME OUT!!

Ok So wheres someone eles stuff??

I want to pay out on someone too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not fair, you guys are worse than the boyz at work...I use to have 3 times the gear i could ever use...( still dident have one of those lowering block sets). It all got pinched (car aswell)...Im
starting from SCRATCH!

Before i went on holidays, i bragged so much about all the tricky stuff i was getting from Brisbane...I arrived back with THAT!
They had a huge laugh at my expence and even changed my name to GadgetLESS....

Good thing our heads are hard..(Must be all the walkin we do on it! Hey Jamie?)

...Least im on top of the wedges, got lots of them....

Excuse my lack of terminoligy TJ, whats a M.A?

The blocks, an old wedge belt and my spiderman hook, ( and two split rings for spikes) was all I had left at home..I use the blocks for "snigging" large timber from the top of a hill, have never used them in a tree....That would be like using a Jonnsered 625 as a climbing saw....
Hang on I do!.... I will have to take them up for a run somtime..

Thanx for the laugh (pricks) Ill have to spend the day tring to POSE my gear so I can get a better shot....

The rope friction savers, are they noy sold in stores?

I could get Nick To splice some different lengths..I like the look , i have used the web version..Does the rope "roll"down a bit till it grabs?

This should keep you guessing...Is he MAD....How heavey is your climbing saw?......

Beautifull sunday morning here! I hope you all have an exelent day...Cheers Derek..

down south

Derek my aunt keeps inviting me over to Brisbane, so if i go over i'll have to work on hardening my head, oh and your winters have similar temps to our summers.....and i find it too hot over here

jamie

Derek,

M.A. = mechanical advantage.

thought those double and triple blocks you have there could really be usefull in this sense.
That's really too bad about your stuff getting ripped off. I'm really paranoid. I rarely let it out of site or ear. Appears as you've begun assembling a decent new collection.

The only things new to my collection are 150 of 5/8 stable braid/ ISC 3/4" block/ 200ft of yale Blaze and some more throwline accessories.

A new top notch first aid kit is my next buy, just as soon as i pay off this new truck and plow angry:

So anyone else want to post a pic of there personal climbing/rigging gear? All you gear junkies must have something to be proud of. So show it up....:)

Re: PAY ME OUT!!

Originally posted by Derek
....I could get Nick To splice some different lengths..I like the look , i have used the web version..Does the rope "roll"down a bit till it grabs?...

All you gotta do it call or email!

love
nick

Hey, no free advertising on this website, please.

Re: PAY ME OUT!!

Ok So wheres someone eles stuff??

I want to pay out on someone too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not fair, you guys are worse than the boyz at work...I use to have 3 times the gear i could ever use...( still dident have one of those lowering block sets). It all got pinched (car aswell)...Im
starting from SCRATCH!

Here, this should take some flack for you. :D

Re: down south

Originally posted by jamie
Derek my aunt keeps inviting me over to Brisbane, so if i go over i'll have to work on hardening my head, oh and your winters have similar temps to our summers.....and i find it too hot over here

jamie

Love to have you come over! Im only 4 hours from Brisbane..
I could bring you down and show you our ants and spiders the size of dinner plates...Hope youll be hungrey!...

The human body is amazing the more you try to where it out the stronger it becomes (except teeth)...Can we practise this theroy on your head?...

Make sure you come over on the 8 good days a year, not to cold, hot, wind or FLIES..

Butch what are you doing home on a Saturday night?
Are you wearing your bath robe at least? I am...(to much info he says)

I will have to get dressed soon much to do in the nursery...
I call it "family planting" Toni calles it SLAVE labor....

I built this machine ( to embarrased to post shots of climbing gear) bet you dont have one of these!

We use it to mix and seperate soils, it allso airates it well..

This is part of a "trailer" set up that we topsoiled our yards with (it was an old Tin mine here) We towed this behind the car trailer full of soil (and rocks) A small trailer went behind that to catch the rocks. Behind all that where screeds that flattened it all...

Must of looked a site to the locals. Had a generator to run the electric motors and extra lights, we did a lot a nite...We where 15 meters long with towing everthing....

Can you see the offset "cam" on the pully on the eletric motoor? It realy gets a shake up..

This is still concidered Personell equipment?

Nice array there, JCSJC. Like how you got that Bush sticker in, too.

Oh, the curator for the arboriculture museum's "primitive relics" collection just called. He's anxiously wondering if Butch is gonna post any of his equipment pics on this thread.

:D

Thanks

Originally posted by Chucky
Nice array there, JCSJC. Like how you got that Bush sticker in, too.

Thanks, I actually like this one better, but thought it was too bunched up. The again, it is lacking the political ad, so it just wouldn't do. ;)

Re: Re: PAY ME OUT!!

Originally posted by JCSJC
Here, this should take some flack for you. :D

Thanx Jase!...That takes the pressure off...WHEW... I thought there was a ban on political adds just before the election..Who you voting for...lol...
Sorry Brendon, I got a new screen saver! Jasons has more rope!
(you have AWSOME saws though)

Hey Chuckey, I think I still have Butch's "bottom of the tool box" shot here somewhere....

Just had a two hour conversation with Silverblue, how cool, easy (even for me) and CHEAP (yes voice) is that! via Yahoo ..Saved me about 4 days typing too..

We had a ball analizing all the stuff, whos next?

Jason, do you like white rope?
That HUGE strap, it looks like a false crotch but does the little "d" pass through the bid "D" , doesent look like it would? do you pass it through just under the strap? And then what do you use the other D for? clip them together? looks strong anyway!

Im out , only got more homemade crap...Heres the car turned sawbench for thoses who havent seen it!....

"shows us the good stuff"....Come on keep posting!!

I thought there was a ban on political adds just before the election..Who you voting for...lol...

I'm undecided. :angel:

Jason, do you like white rope?

You know me, what ever I can lay my grubby little hands on. :D

That HUGE strap, it looks like a false crotch but does the little "d" pass through the bid "D" , doesent look like it would? do you pass it through just under the strap? And then what do you use the other D for? clip them together? looks strong anyway!

It's a handy little strap. 3" by 72". Yes, the little end will slip through the larger end, in the slot next to the strap. You can hook to both, in a sling fashion, or hook to the smaller one, and use it as a choker. It's a pretty tough cookie.

Originally posted by TreeJunkie
Derek,

M.A. = mechanical advantage.

Do'H It was sunday morning, still in a robe!...That was an easy one...NOW...At the time it could of been anything, this place at times is full of initals..

I have some exelent charts on advantage/disadvantag, through to MA=6 anyway, Im a bit lazy with weighing anything, as a general rule of thumb, "go overboard!", usealy works..

Thanx for the clarifaction...Derek..

Some more homies...

This ones the "woodbeast", jammed a 6cyl and 5 speed box in it. Just had to run another remote raditior.
It used to go up the mountains for me, if you load it up with 4 tons of wood it will drag any thing back down again....Or I have thousands of meters of half inch cable to use in the big blocks..

Dont you just love the bedframes around it?..The patch is where i had to cut out the rear of the cab to get the engine in...They only came with a 4 cyl...Just fits the six in....

Ps Jase, dont you have fishing real for the homemade weight?
Whats the story on the big line, 3/4 multi colored up the top righthand side, sure looks pretty good...How Much $$ for somthing like it over there?

Home made weight?

Ps Jase, dont you have fishing real for the homemade weight?
Whats the story on the big line, 3/4 multi colored up the top righthand side, sure looks pretty good...How Much $$ for somthing like it over there?

I'm crushed. That's not a home made weight. ;) That's a 'rednecked' Weaver 10 oz purchased recently from Bailey's. I just reinforced it with a few wraps of duct tape. Ok, maybe a few is an understatment, I think it weighs close to 14 oz now. :D

The 3/4, I got from eBay, so I'm not sure how the price would compare to retail.

Back