physics of drt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

why does drt feel like a 2to1 while climbing when its essitonally a redirect

• physics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it is

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

keithdrewry

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
why does a drt climb feel like a like a 2 to 1 on a single pulley? However i know that its a redirect. Explain the physics why its easier to pull myself up rather than pulling a person of equal weight up.

It's 2:1, because you're part of the system, half your weight is used on one side of the line to lift the other half of your weight on the other side of the line, as opposed to standing on the ground and lifting all of a separate load equal to your weight with a single pulley.

The only "trolls" (whatever the **** that means in nerd language) around here, are the pricks of misery that jump all over people who are asking questions and trying to learn. These are disrespectful forums for the most part. Learn to roll with the punches, and don't hold back with these guys. If they're giving you smart ass answers.. They're hack bluffs. Don't worry about it man. Take the good advice that's given, and give it back to the jerks that don't.
Good luck, climb safe.

Don't worry about Lovstrom, all he does these days is push a couple handfuls of desperate migrant workers around, dress them up to look the part and kiss his boss's ass while working 7 days a week. They keep him pretty damn busy with that soes the only release he has, well, I guess you can see fer yerself huh. Sad, very sad. No sort of death for a Viking but its a death.

Well, we the idiots around here including myself, call it DRT when referencing it in short. Mainly because I think DDRT is a little redundant, and everyone knows WTF your talking about when you say it... And to the OP IIRC the redirect and pulley are giving you two lines that are given equal force each to do the work that one line was doing before. So your efforts are multiplied, more pulleys more force multipliers. I've made simple 5-1 pulley advantages when felling trees just using micro pulleys biners and a 1/2" bull rope.

Ill see if I can dig up the video I ran across by a guy who does a great job explaining how the mechanical advantage works. I'll post the link when I find it. Just to warn you I think it was like sitting through a 6th grade science lecture, but he does a very good job of describing the working factors involved in the system.

Latest posts

Back