Pics from backpacking trips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rb_in_va

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here are some pics from when I used to go backpacking in Idaho. This one is from the Seven Devils wilderness near Riggins, Idaho. It's on Sheep Lake.

This next pic is from the Mallard Larkins wilderness near Headquarters, Idaho. Sorry the pics are not high quality. They are old photos that have been scanned in.

wow... thats IDAHO?? ...beautiful stuff. Did they let you build a file back in there to cook your food or was it stove only? We used to backpack the Appalachians BK. Not sure my knees can take backbacking these days. Hiked down to bottom of Grand Canyon few years ago, back out next day and I couldn't walk down steps right for a week after.

nice pics

Nice photo's! I went backpacking along the Continental Divide a couple years back and was amazed how remote and rugged Idaho was. I notice that you're in southeast Va., so am I.

woodshop said:
wow... thats IDAHO?? ...beautiful stuff. Did they let you build a file back in there to cook your food or was it stove only?

I am guessing that you meant fire, not file. We were allowed to use both wood fire and stoves when I went there (of course that was many years ago). Did you think Idaho was all farm land?

Bob,
Which city do you live in? I live in Portsmouth. Later, Roger.

Here's another wider shot of that first lake. It wasn't taken by me though.

Here's another pic from the Seven Devils area. This is Cannon Lake (not taken by me). I will dig up more of my own pics one of these days.

rb, impressive pic of canyon lake... would love to go there. rb your pics are telling me I need a vacation already. Yesterday I was installing a tide gage on the docks of the Newark NJ sewage treatment plant when a load of sh*t came in from NY on a huge barge... the pits... it was cold, windy... trying to solder and hang wire while smelling this... what I needed was a huge picture like that canyon lake one hanging in my truck, so I could run over and keep my sanity by reminding myself there are places so very far removed from where I was at the moment. Hey some days you get the banana, some days the peel. Yesterday was definitely all peel.

woodshop said:
rb, impressive pic of canyon lake... would love to go there. rb your pics are telling me I need a vacation already. Yesterday I was installing a tide gage on the docks of the Newark NJ sewage treatment plant when a load of sh*t came in from NY on a huge barge... the pits... it was cold, windy... trying to solder and hang wire while smelling this... what I needed was a huge picture like that canyon lake one hanging in my truck, so I could run over and keep my sanity by reminding myself there are places so very far removed from where I was at the moment. Hey some days you get the banana, some days the peel. Yesterday was definitely all peel.

Doesn't Newark always smell that way??? That orange haze in the sky at sunrise is just soooooo pretty. :(

Thank god i have no reason to go up that way very often!

Ron

woodshop said:
what I needed was a huge picture like that canyon lake one hanging in my truck, so I could run over and keep my sanity by reminding myself there are places so very far removed from where I was at the moment.

Well, print it off! I would print it, but you would have to drive 5 hours to get it.

Back