Pinched bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosedowner

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I pinched the bar on my new Dolmar bad yesterday. Can this be fixed correctly or should I just go buy another bar? If I need to buy a new bar what do you suggest?
I'm running a Dolmar 6400 with a 20" bar and I'm just cutting firewood with it.

Thanks
Lee

A picture would help, but I have had several bars pinched over the years, if the rails are just pinched I've put them in a vice and ground an old slot screwdriver to the original width of the bar slot and used it at an angle using a hammer to open the bar rail back up, I've also been able to straighten a few bars that were bent slightly, for just fire wooding I don't see any issues is opening the rails back up,

A picture would help, but I have had several bars pinched over the years, if the rails are just pinched I've put them in a vice and ground an old slot screwdriver to the original width of the bar slot and used it at an angle using a hammer to open the bar rail back up, I've also been able to straighten a few bars that were bent slightly, for just fire wooding I don't see any issues is opening the rails back up,

Yeah, What he said.

+1 :cheers:

Thanks for the input Guys.
I stopped at the dealership and he said pretty much the same thing you guys did but I did end up buying a new Oregon power match bar from him though. I think I'm going to put the new bar on and use it and fix the old bar and save it as a spare and if this happens to me again I won't be shut down for the rest of the day.

Thanks
Lee

Latest posts

Back