Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In need of a 1200 cylinder.

Pulled my 1200 down today as it was blowing 115 and I could see scouring by the transfer ports. Now that pup is all apart.

The cylinder has lost too much plating to last much longer. I have a pair of new rings w/notch for the locator pins. Piston looks to be serviceable.

The bore is 1.8125".
Other model Pioneers that may interchange: (all 58cc but not shure)
1200A
1100 W,Y,G
Hoilday G
Hoilday GT
Hoilday GTA

Unless someone has a good one this thing will become a shelf queen/occasional runner.

B.T.W.: What color Krylon spray bomb would be a fair match for the yellow?

Looking for a part number for the coil on a P50. Got a coulpe of coils here but need a ipl or part number to check for a guy.
Thanks
Bob

RA Top Cover

Just want to give another big thanks to MS260 Fan for the RA top cover. I received the top cover in the mail today. I couldn't be happier.

I know. It didn't happen without a pic. So, here yall go.
IMG_20110316_195003.jpg

Just want to give another big thanks to MS260 Fan for the RA top cover. I received the top cover in the mail today. I couldn't be happier.

I know. It didn't happen without a pic. So, here yall go.

Good to hear it made it there in one piece Mitch. Looking forward to seeing a vid of your RA running.

I like the thermos cap emblem, good on MS260 Fan for fixing ya up.

Jerry,
Yeah, I debated whether to take that out. It fit so well I thought it was worth sending with the cover. I'd say it's been in there for a while.

Thanks, yes it does,apparently. I only got it yesterday, but as its missing its exhaust and air filter, i won,t run it up until i sort it out.
The 650 runs a treat, been using it today and its a real beast.
It was missing its starter cup when i got it, so i have improvised and machined something up, which works fine.

Thanks, yes it does,apparently. I only got it yesterday, but as its missing its exhaust and air filter, i won,t run it up until i sort it out.
It was missing its starter cup when i got it, so i have improvised and machined something up, which works fine.

I gotcha username rep. :rock:

Good stuff,rep headed your way for working on Pioneers.

Thanks guys, its just great to have some decent quality well made tools. You just can,t beat the old stuff. I did buy a cheapy modern thing - it lastest 2 hours !.
I shall be doing some mods to the 650 soon, well i,ve already started by slimming down and knife edging the choke assembly :msp_wink:

Thanks guys, its just great to have some decent quality well made tools. You just can,t beat the old stuff. I did buy a cheapy modern thing - it lastest 2 hours !.
I shall be doing some mods to the 650 soon, well i,ve already started by slimming down and knife edging the choke assembly :msp_wink:

Pioneers were made in a time when throwaway/disposable saws were not even thought of. I still have all of my family`s Pioneer saws and every one of them are still good runners.

Just a note....
Didn't know if you guys knew that Boyesen still has Dual stage reeds available for the P-series saws. These reeds really wake up the boost ported saws....REALLY wake them up! I have installed Dual stage reeds in several two stroke bikes and ATV's all with excellent results. Probably a good idea to help keep people like Boyesen in business, as everybody in the two stroke world is struggling, because of the pressure from the environmentalists......Really not looking forward to 4-stroke saws. Case in point, try working on a 4-stroke trimmer, what a joke! Heavy, no power, but the oil changes are cute though:msp_wink:
Brian and Tina

Repost: Pioneer/Partner 330 Chainsaw needs brake handle

(Guys redirected me here to the Pioneer experts)
Last week I broke the chain brake handle on my 25+ year old Pioneer/Partner 330 chainsaw. I bought this saw new from a hardware store that has long since gone out of business. And, I have learned the Pioneer/Partner line has been bought, merged, absorbed, ... a few times since then too. I can still use the saw, but would rather have the brake handle on it. I have done some epoxy and reinforcement work on the pieces, and have it reinstalled on the saw for at least the illusion of safety.

I live in the woods, and mostly use this saw to clean up after storms, and to keep my own firewood supply. I'd really like to keep it in service. It runs great, has a mag-alloy body, and just seems to be the right size. I know I could/maybe should look to a newer easier starting, faster cutting saw, but that will not be my first step.

Questions:
1.Anyone know of a place I might find a used brake handle for this saw?
2.Anyone know of another color saw made on the same line that might be easier to find this part for?
3.Anyone have one they are parting out, or selling whole?

I've already tried eBay, CL, Google, local Saw dealers, local small engine repair, and anyone else I could think of. But I don't mind any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Back