Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7hpjim

7hpjim

Addicted to ArboristSite
which thread

Im gonna be goin through a PP525 soon and was wonderin which thread would be better for advice, this one or the Poulan thread

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Will a sprocket from a NU17 or 600 fit an IEL RA ?

I need a sprocket for my RA now. The one on there is huge. I first tried .404 on it and that was too small. Then I tried some 7/16" and that was too small. Then I tried some 1/2" and that didn't even seem to fit right. I don't know what size it is, but it looks brand new with no wear.

Last edited:
pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Will a sprocket from a NU17 or 600 fit an IEL RA ?

I need a sprocket for my RA now. The one on there is huge. I first tried .404 on it and that was too small. Then I tried some 7/16" and that was too small. Then I tried some 1/2" and that didn't even seem to fit right. I don't know what size it is, but it looks brand new with no wear.

Yes it will. You can also get them in rim drive and change to any chain size you like.

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks!

I also have another question about the RA. Is it possible for the bar & chain oil to get into the crankcase? My RA runs good but after it runs for a few minutes and warms up it seems to get richer and richer at idle and smokes a lot.

Jere39

Jere39

Outdoorsman and Pup
. AS Supporting Member.
Pioneer Partner 330 part quest

Last week I broke the chain brake handle on my 25 year old Pioneer Partner 330. I use this saw regularly maintain my property in the woods, and cutting some fire wood in the winter. I got some guidance to post here where some of the Pioneer expertise might have some ideas of where I might find a new/used brake handle, or know of someone who is parting out one of these. I doubt it is collectible, but, it seems they are at least rare now. The saw is a real worker, and I know I could break down and buy a new saw that would probably be easier starting, faster cutting, lighter, probably even better for the environment.

I've already tried eBay, CL, Google, several local saw dealers, repair shops, a local Arborist supply, and a couple online small engine parts places. Everyone believes there must be some out there, but don't have good ideas how to locate. I've also found that many of the housing parts are common to other saws from the mid-80's like a Frontier 35 (however this saw did not have a chain brake).

For now, I've made an epoxy and reinforcing strap repair.

All ideas and guidance welcome, thanks

jere39-albums802-176312.jpg

jere39-albums802-176313.jpg

7hpjim

7hpjim

Addicted to ArboristSite
525 on the bench

First pioneer, poor saw was rode hard, but, the K&N filter system kept the p/c in excellent shape, bright blue spark, posting some pics and beggin for parts, here we go
before cleaning,
100_5449.jpg

100_5451.jpg

100_5450.jpg

100_5449.jpg

7hpjim

7hpjim

Addicted to ArboristSite
moore 525

every antivibe element was bad, any idea how to get the reat of it out of the mounting points?, and does anyone have some good ones that they would like to donate or sell?
100_5445.jpg

100_5440.jpg

100_5440.jpg

7hpjim

7hpjim

Addicted to ArboristSite
more 525

Is this dawg to the right of the antivibe elements off a 455, if so Id like to fond another as I dont need the bigger dawgs that are available, more beggin:blob2:
100_5435.jpg

top handle is cracked on the switch side through and through and almost 1/2 way through choke side form bad antivibe elements being bad and the handle taking all the pressure when op dawged in, just a theory, more beggin:blob2:
100_5432.jpg

100_5431.jpg

shams the decals are NLA and there pretty good on this one
100_5430.jpg

7hpjim

7hpjim

Addicted to ArboristSite
525 continued

good pic of the crack
100_5427.jpg

clutch cover body great shape just dirty and missing all the brake parts,any body got one complete that they would separate from?
100_5426.jpg

100_5425.jpg

I cleaned, replaced cord, repaired spring, need a new handle, the bottom of this one is broken out, get by for now but its just a matter of time before it lets go...more begging
100_5424.jpg

missing the baffle too...more begging
100_5423.jpg

DSS

Cowshot
Man, that saw was run hard. If you could find a farmsaw for a donor you would have a lot of parts...a/v mounts, top handle etc.

Farmsaws are cheap and they made millions of them.