Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice clean P41. There were made for several years 1976-82. The later saws with P41S had the chainbreak (S safety). These saws were 4 cubic inch. At the time saws of 4 cube and up were considered professional and did not require an inertia break. The mechanical chainbreak was an option. It also made it a pain to fuel and oil as well as add weight to the saw. Not sure of the year it became mandatory for all saws to have them. It had to have been somewhere in the 80's

Picked this P51 up for my friend Jeff P62 if there is a Pioneer within a 2000 miles of him he can find it . only 5 minutes from my place lol . Thought I would try it out before he comes to get it lol . And beat him on a post of his new saw lol . Becouse he beat me to it lol

Looks great on the video Joe. I am sure it will look even nicer in my garage. I owe you one again

I think it will be a long time before I ever catch up with all you have done for me . I must be walking around with my eyes closed . I cant find them even when they are that close to my house lol :laugh:

I found some rivets going through a box of stuff today,looks like I'm good there. I haven't had this P42HP in wood since I got it and am needing some input on what B/C to run on it. The two options I'm looking at are 22" bar with full comp .404 or a 24" bar with 3/8th skip. How would these two work? Does the P42HP have the grunt to pull them?

I found some rivets going through a box of stuff today,looks like I'm good there. I haven't had this P42HP in wood since I got it and am needing some input on what B/C to run on it. The two options I'm looking at are 22" bar with full comp .404 or a 24" bar with 3/8th skip. How would these two work? Does the P42HP have the grunt to pull them?

Either bar and chain combo will work but I would go with 3/8 and 24" bar. I like .404 on the big saws.

With deer season going strong, I haven't had much time to mess with saws.
I did manage to clean up my P45 and put an nos bar on it this evening. :)

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

That is a very very nice saw. Excellent quality photos

Last edited:
Guys, I've put some screw sets together for the big P-series saws. These will work for the P50-62 saws and include all the pan head screws to join the case halves, mount the oil pump, cylinder shroud, carb and block, blower cover plus the six bigger anti-vibe screws. There are 35 pieces altogether.

The only ones that I couldn't find to size are the 7/8" blower cover screws so I substituted 3/4" screws instead. They work fine. Also, the heads on some are not the perfect original flat panhead but have a slight curve. Some have a slightly different slot width. Minor details... even some of the original Pioneer screws were like that.

They are all bright and shiny zinc-coated screws. They will come with either the panhead anti-vibe screws for the P52/62 or with the truss heads for the P50/51/60/61.

These might work for the P40 series saws but I haven't looked at the IPL's yet so no guarantees.

$20 per set. They'll go on Ebay after a while. Let me know if you're interested, guys.

Brendon, I have a large supply of both new and used OEM Pioneer screws fro the large P's if you can't find a certain one.

Latest posts

Back