Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, i recently grabbed a P41 and i wanted to mod the muffler. Im hoping some of you might help me do it the best way. Should i just drill a few holes in the middle plate, maybe cut a few louvers or just eliminate the whole thing? Im not concerned with the spark arrest. Any experience would help. ;) Thanks ahead

Hey all, i recently grabbed a P41 and i wanted to mod the muffler. Im hoping some of you might help me do it the best way. Should i just drill a few holes in the middle plate, maybe cut a few louvers or just eliminate the whole thing? Im not concerned with the spark arrest. Any experience would help. ;) Thanks ahead

Remove the screen and turn the middle plate into swiss cheese. It will be loud and lack a spark arrestor so be careful. If you can find a western muffler then go that route, they sound and work great.

I recently aquired a Holiday II with the primer type carb (doesn't have a choke type carb). The primer bulb is gone, disintegrated. Are there replacement bulbs available for these or would it be better to replace the carb with an acceptable substitute? Any advice/ideas?

I recently aquired a Holiday II with the primer type carb (doesn't have a choke type carb). The primer bulb is gone, disintegrated. Are there replacement bulbs available for these or would it be better to replace the carb with an acceptable substitute? Any advice/ideas?

Best move is to replace carb. and get the choke control w/bracket from a 1200 or 1100. That's what I did on a 1110. Thanks to Mo.Jim.

Jerry Myer (pioneeerguy600) has collected repair parts and pumps.

Remove the screen and turn the middle plate into swiss cheese. It will be loud and lack a spark arrestor so be careful. If you can find a western muffler then go that route, they sound and work great.

Propliner, ive not seen a "western" version exhaust before. Can someone post a picture of one so i'll know what im look'n for? Is there a tell tale difference with the west version? Does the exhaust spout dump out somewhere different from the one i have? And might someone have one lying around for sale? Thanks for the input :D

Propliner, ive not seen a "western" version exhaust before. Can someone post a picture of one so i'll know what im look'n for? Is there a tell tale difference with the west version? Does the exhaust spout dump out somewhere different from the one i have? And might someone have one lying around for sale? Thanks for the input :D

I don't have a pic handy but go back a couple of pages and you'll see the P52 Western I built with a Western muffler. It has a dump at the upper rear which points downwards. It's a freer breathing muffler that keeps the clutch cover clean and blows the exhaust away from your face. It has a spark arrestor that can be removed as well but I don't find that necessary since there's more screen area. It's simply a better engineered muffler.

There's one on EBay somewhere but I don't think it's very cheap... $40 or so.

I agree. I put the western muffler on most of my saws. It eliminates the exhaust stains on the clutch cover that some of the more forward facing exits have.

This is a western (rear exit) muffler on my P45.

IMG_0163.jpg

I just gave my latest purchase a quick once over. It's a Target Quickie Saw, which I think is a P60. Piston and cylinder look real good from the exhaust side,had spark on the first three pulls, then nonthing. I bought this saw for the parts mainly, but I think it will run with a little TLC. If you want a picture the ebay auction # is 161155754491. I can't post any pictures with this old wore out dialup system.

Jim, that pup don't look safe to run without a guard on the wheel.

Still searching for information.

Maybe the make and model number on the carb. will help pin it down.
A 60/14 would be a Pioneer P60 engine with a 14 inch cutting wheel
I have a 52/12 and a 65/14
They are based on the Pioneer Partner P52 and P65 saws.

Back