Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the coil tested bad... back to the drawing board.
Anyone know of a source for a coil? Either new or good used?
Could I "scavenge" a coil off of my crappy craftsman/poulan (in sig) and make it work? (On Edit: my craftsman might have electronic ignition already, so that probably wouldn't work.) Does anyone have a used good coil they could sell me?
I haven't checked the condenser yet, but it all looks good.
I am doing this project in an Ag. Power class and my students are really having a good time working on this classic iron.

TFB

Last edited:
Well, the coil tested bad... back to the drawing board.
Anyone know of a source for a coil? Either new or good used?
Could I "scavenge" a coil off of my crappy craftsman/poulan (in sig) and make it work? (On Edit: my craftsman might have electronic ignition already, so that probably wouldn't work.) Does anyone have a used good coil they could sell me?
I haven't checked the condenser yet, but it all looks good.
I am doing this project in an Ag. Power class and my students are really having a good time working on this classic iron.

TFB

I don`t know of any stock ones for that particular saw but as I mentioned in a previous post another coil from a 600 series saw can be made to fit, I have done it and can guide you through the transplant.
Pioneerguy600

Pioneer Model 1130

Just purchased a Pioneer 1130 at a flea market and would like to get a user manual on it as well as any feedback on this chainsaw - I also need to take it in for service as it hasn't been ran in several years.
Thanks, Brian

Just purchased a Pioneer 1130 at a flea market and would like to get a user manual on it as well as any feedback on this chainsaw - I also need to take it in for service as it hasn't been ran in several years.
Thanks, Brian

Petesoldsaw will be along and he may have one of the ipl`s for these saws, all I have are old original service manuals. Welcome to the site and you`ll enjoy that old Pioneer once its up and running.
Pioneerguy600

Daddy,O

Who's Your Daddy!
Hey Welcome to the Pioneer thread.Are you after an IPL for the 11-30?If you are I'm sure I have one.Send me a PM with your email address and I will scan it and send it to you.
Lawrence

Summining the Pioneer Saw Gurus

Looking for a way to get spark to my Pioneer 410 saw.
The coil is bad. I need to find some way to change the coil with another one that is good.
I wish I had enough of a parts saw inventory that I could disassemble some old saw coils and find one that would work, however... I do not.
Does anyone have some old good coils that could be used in my saw that I could purchase?
My armature is not broken, so I guess any coil that would fit inside of my armature could work???

I think when I get to school on Monday I will measure the size of my armature and see what I could "draw up" as far as dimensions of a coil that might work.

For what it's worth, could an electronic ignition unit from a 4 stroke engine work on this saw? I have a lot of Briggs and Stratton coils and the magneto from a 5HP Briggs will ALMOST fit.... I'm just wondering if the timing would work, and if the longevity of the coil would be compromised by working on a 2 stroke compared to a 4 stroke as well..

Food for thought...

TFB

Looking for a way to get spark to my Pioneer 410 saw.
The coil is bad. I need to find some way to change the coil with another one that is good.
I wish I had enough of a parts saw inventory that I could disassemble some old saw coils and find one that would work, however... I do not.
Does anyone have some old good coils that could be used in my saw that I could purchase?
My armature is not broken, so I guess any coil that would fit inside of my armature could work???

I think when I get to school on Monday I will measure the size of my armature and see what I could "draw up" as far as dimensions of a coil that might work.

For what it's worth, could an electronic ignition unit from a 4 stroke engine work on this saw? I have a lot of Briggs and Stratton coils and the magneto from a 5HP Briggs will ALMOST fit.... I'm just wondering if the timing would work, and if the longevity of the coil would be compromised by working on a 2 stroke compared to a 4 stroke as well..

Food for thought...

TFB

Bump for a good cause...

TFB

410 saw breakthrough!

OK, good news from the Tallfarmboy camp...

I had an old Evinrude boat motor sitting around that HAD good spark on both of the 2 cylinders. Well, I popped the crank starter off, pulled the flywheel, and checked the coils on the boat motor.
LOW AND BEHOLD... The boat coil (not armature)from the Evinrude is nearly an exact fit!!! The coil slid right out from the armature and slide firmly into the armature that was in my saw... HOLY COW!!!
I am going to have to do some solder work to make the leads work, but this is a BIG step in a positive direction.

I will snap some pics tomorrow when I am at school, BUT... I'm stoked...
I sure hope this works,

TFB

Sounds promising... I hope it works. It's too bad we couldn't help you, but necessity is the mother of all kinds of creative things.

pioneer farmsaw parts

Rob Shelton, you mentioned you had access to parts and were going to purchase a supplier's stock. I need several missing parts to make my starter functional- the black engager, the two wire springs that work with it and the clip that retains the one spring. Can you or anyone out there help?

Rob Shelton, you mentioned you had access to parts and were going to purchase a supplier's stock. I need several missing parts to make my starter functional- the black engager, the two wire springs that work with it and the clip that retains the one spring. Can you or anyone out there help?

I'll be in Grants Pass tomorrow, I can bring parts by if you need them.

I have a P28 which will start, run, and cut for 5 minutes or so until it gets hot then it quits and won't restart. I've replaced the spark plug and believe it's getting fuel. It seems like the spark is getting weak after the coil it heats up. Does this sound familar to anyone and / or do you have any suggestions?

CESCO PARTS <[email protected]>
this is the email to consolidated equipment. I need the same parts for my farmsaw .they have all in stock
Mickey

[email protected]

I'll be in Grants Pass tomorrow, I can bring parts by if you need them.

will you be in NH too I need parts too LOL

I found the parts I need , I just returned to work this week after 6 weeks layoff !unfortunately saw parts are down on my list of necessities
MD

Back