Playin with 044 #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Mike too.

He's easy going.......and smart.

You're being a bully Shane. I thought y'all Canadians was nice and stuff?

i'm from canuckistan you see. it's different. we can still be nice but once we pick a guy out he has to learn for himself how to deal with it, he can't have everybody sticking up for him. i never said once that i didn't like mike :D

I wouldn't add a 3rd port, but i'll enlarge the front hole and remove the baffle.

I totally agree about the gasket. I bought a lot of gasket paper sheets of different thickness on ebay (0.15mm, 0.25mm, 0.4mm, 0.8mm and 1.6mm), this way it is really easy to optimize the squish.

The 044 mufflers do not have baffles in them, and these are the old ones with the larger 5/8 hole already there. They like the dp covers also, but when I tried to open it up more than that the idle & throttle response suffered, and I was unable to adjust it out with the tune. So I put the modified dp cover on the 046, and it likes it!

I don't have the tools to port the cylinder.

I think I will live with the 33/1000 squish. W/O CR, I don't want to make it harder to start.

Adjusting the timing seems to make a nice difference on the 044. When the 046 was stock, it did not seem to make any difference. I think that is because the older 044 jugs are ported more aggressively from the factory, and the 046 needed to be ported to take advantage of the timing advance. That is my best guess.

The 044 mufflers do not have baffles in them, and these are the old ones with the larger 5/8 hole already there. They like the dp covers also, but when I tried to open it up more than that the idle & throttle response suffered, and I was unable to adjust it out with the tune. So I put the modified dp cover on the 046, and it likes it!.

I have ran triple port on an ms440 with an early 10mm cyl and an ms440 with 10mm crank and top end ,you have an air leak if it will not idle right or a bad carb ,triple port is very common in the PNW ,woods logging in washington sells saws off the shelf modded with triple port for production fallers ,getting the heat out of the saw makes them last longer .

Dang shame you guys are so far away.

I'd love to meet Brett, and Mike.

me too. maybe i can try talk mike into helping me troll you over a beer. i feel he'll need to be convinced it's worth it in person. yer a hard one to troll cause nothing bothers you. i think it's cause your skin is so thick being a monkey and all. alot thicker then a human it seems.

I have ran triple port on an ms440 with an early 10mm cyl and an ms440 with 10mm crank and top end ,you have an air leak if it will not idle right or a bad carb ,triple port is very common in the PNW ,woods logging in washington sells saws off the shelf modded with triple port for production fallers ,getting the heat out of the saw makes them last longer .
:cheers:

Attachments

• 2014-11-05 06.37.42.jpg
    2014-11-05 06.37.42.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 31
Back