Please Boycott Dolmar OPE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Begleytree

I'm with you Lake, time to put this Dolmar story to rest. Hell Dolmar has such a small % of the saw market they aren't worth talking about anyway. I feel for Tony and think they could have least notified him in advance. He sounded like he was giving them more sales than anyone else in the area he was in amd really pushing out their name for them. So much for piddlly Dolmar. No wonder they have such a small % of the market. Sounds like Dolmar just don't give a damn and thats fine with me, always got lots of Stihl's to choose from. Why bother with the midget when the "King" is everywhere.
Lake have ya gotton ya hands on any 441's yet to play with? Gotta ask ya too cause I was yaking with one of the guys down at Stilh not too long ago abot the 650. I told him they should have come out with something like a 560to fit in the line up between the 460 and the 660. Sometihng more on the likes of the 460 but a tad bigger. Whatcha think? I'm gonna keep hounding them till they hear me. If they come out with a 561 you can thank me...

Heres why ....
Funny HUH, After Reading Toms post going on.

stir the pot? a new guy with less than a month on site and 8 posts, stirring?
-Ralph

Actually it was his post # 1 that brought the dead back to be rehashed
ad-nauseam.
If he bothered to check he would have realized this was a year old topic and he would have seen also that TonyM has not been here since last July.

Is there a way that the moderators can lock this thread so that no more replies can be added? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Never knew this thread was here. Read what was 11 pages and went to check the date. It was old, but it pointed out a problem with Dolmar. Other threads on this site have also pointed out possible quality control problems Dolmar may have. I considered the 5100's for work. Then I visited a Dolmar dealer. No 7900's. "No one wants a big saw". No 5100's. "We'll order you one". Air filter? "We'll order you one". I can get all the BS I want from the Stihl dealer and he has saws. Old thread, old problem that Dolmar still has.

Never knew this thread was here. Read what was 11 pages and went to check the date. It was old, but it pointed out a problem with Dolmar. Other threads on this site have also pointed out possible quality control problems Dolmar may have. I considered the 5100's for work. Then I visited a Dolmar dealer. No 7900's. "No one wants a big saw". No 5100's. "We'll order you one". Air filter? "We'll order you one". I can get all the BS I want from the Stihl dealer and he has saws. Old thread, old problem that Dolmar still has.

Jaxx, I know Tony to be a good guy, but that said, there is always more to a decision than what one party is willing to discuss.
the old problem with dolmar was makita control. no longer a problem, now the problem is getting geared back up with stocking dealers. My local dealer has carried dolmar products, parts and great friendly service for almost 20 years.
with them piggybacking on briggs network, sure you will have lawnmower shops that have the ability to order stuff, but not inclined to stock it, and the owner too old to care to learn about it.
For stihl, with me, its 50/50 when I walk into the local stihl dealer wether he will have what I need. BTW, that is the oldest still operating stihl dealership in the US, so says a huge writeup in the papers here not long ago. Rapps repair, if you wish to look it up. great guy, over an hour away from me though.
give them time, they [dolmar] have an excellent product, and dealerships will sign on. but not all at once and overnight. and what quality control problems? every manufacturer has problems. you dont buy a first model year veh from GM, older harleys vibrated all the bolts out every couple hundred miles, and all saw manufacturers have problems with their products from time to time. heck, my 5100S had 2 carb bolts loose, but it still outcuts a 71cc husky in the same wood. I can't tell you how many times I took a t-27 to my stihls and tightened loose bolts over the years.
-Ralph

Last edited:
why do people dig back almost a year ago and bump old threads?
Probably an accident. When I first hit here I did a lot of searches and researches and sometimes forgot to check the date and didn't realize it's an old thread. I bet some of the people that replied didn't realize it was an old thread too.

Probably an accident. When I first hit here I did a lot of searches and researches and sometimes forgot to check the date and didn't realize it's an old thread. I bet some of the people that replied didn't realize it was an old thread too.

You are right, I have not been here very long and I have seen it
happen before.............But this is one of the kinds of threads
that get people stirred up. ;)

Back