Please explain the diff between husky 268, 272, and 272xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not so good with pics, but here's a couple of my saw showing the decals.

It's an old "warhorse", and shows it battle scars, but has already cut 2-3 lifetimes worth of wood and absolutely refuses to quit!......Cliff

Differenses between 266 and 268?

Some think of them as pretty much the same saw, but the list is a long one, including piston, cylinder and crank.....

I want to get in here, I have a 268 xp special, like some of the above mentioned saws, mine I was thinking was older than 91. My grandfather purchased it used from loggers around that time.

It has pro, xp and special decalls..... no dc button.

It too is a pain to crank after its warmed up and will currently not idle well. I remember the saw running much stronger than it does now so I will probably try to find someone to tune it.

I want to get in here, I have a 268 xp special, like some of the above mentioned saws, mine I was thinking was older than 91. My grandfather purchased it used from loggers around that time.

It has pro, xp and special decalls..... no dc button.

It too is a pain to crank after its warmed up and will currently not idle well. I remember the saw running much stronger than it does now so I will probably try to find someone to tune it.

The serial number will reveal the saws age, post it on here.

Dad is going to walk to the shop and get it. He tried to crank it and use it the other day and couldn't so I will probably switch back with him for the 041 anyway. We talked today and he has me wanting an 041 super (he used to run one a lot for a felling saw.

Number shortly.

I'm kinda late on the subject, but after reading the posts, I checked my husky, out of curiosity.

I also own an older model 268xpwith the steel brake handle. It has all of the decals mentioned in the above posts and the serial number is 7430844. I bought the saw brand new in '87 . So going by the info here, does that mean that the saw was built in 1987 week 43 ?

I believe I still have the bill for that saw in my files. That saw has always really been taken care off. Still works perfectly.

I'm kinda late on the subject, but after reading the posts, I checked my husky, out of curiosity.

I also own an older model 268xpwith the steel brake handle. It has all of the decals mentioned in the above posts and the serial number is 7430844. I bought the saw brand new in '87 . So going by the info here, does that mean that the saw was built in 1987 week 43 ?

I believe I still have the bill for that saw in my files. That saw has always really been taken care off. Still works perfectly.

Any part that says "Special" on it is a replacement on a 1987 saw.

Here's my 268xp,

standard.jpg

I bought it new, but I don't remember what year it was?

standard.jpg

The only thing wrong with the saw is, when cold, my worn out back won't let me get it started!

SR

Any part that says "Special" on it is a replacement on a 1987 saw.

I checked the saw again, I said it had all the decals mentioned above but I made a small mistake. It has the 268XP and profesionnal decals on the cover but not the Special. It was on the black model and serial number tag that it says HUSQVARNA 268SE above the serial number. Sorry, my mistake. :rolleyes:

I checked the saw again, I said it had all the decals mentioned above but I made a small mistake. It has the 268XP and profesionnal decals on the cover but not the Special. It was on the black model and serial number tag that it says HUSQVARNA 268SE above the serial number. Sorry, my mistake. :rolleyes:

That's normal on a 1987 268XP.

Latest posts

Back