pole pruner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's what you need... with a set of jamison poles

Pruner_JA-14S_250.jpg

We got in some that look like hand pruners on poles with the little "triggers". I havent used them yet, but look like they'll be ok for light snipping. The heads look similar to the ARS hand pruners we have, but I'm not sure.

I prefer the Corona pruning head by a wide margin over the Jamison pruning head.

I'll stick with the Jamison poles though, for the pole saw head, brush hook, pruner, and soon the big shot head.

are these pruners any good, or worth the money, i need it for smaller stuff while in a tree that is to far out to climb.
http://www.fiskars.com/webapp/wcs/s...ategoryId=10262&productId=10506&page=products

Bermie likes them.

http://arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=1090085&postcount=11

The pruner I use is like 20 years old. I can't remember the name right now but it has a little chain then a rope. I recently replaced the rope but it lasted a long time. I'll try to get the name off the thing but am not going back to work for a couple of days.

the advantage i see to the fiskars is the rotating head, to get a good cut on the far out branches while in a tree

is there any that dont use rope
I prefer the Corona pruning head by a wide margin over the Jamison pruning head.
The Corona is bigger, fabulous power. I use a sewing awl to convert the rope coming out of the pruner head into 1" webbing. Pulling and wrapping rope around your hands is torturous.

here's a pic of two of my pruner heads. left one gets used the most.
also got one with tiny chain pulling, don't care for that style.

pruner head.JPG

i will probally get Corona Pruner Set with Swivel Pulley the head weighs 1lb and 12oz how much would 2 fiberglass poles weigh

here's a pic of two of my pruner heads. left one gets used the most.
also got one with tiny chain pulling, don't care for that style.

That's a Corona on the left. They have greater cutting capacity than the Jameson, and they are more durable, IMO.

The longer reach of the Corona pulley arm is a bit more problematic than the shorter Jameson; in really crowded trimming situations, the pulley and rope get bound up in the branches. I still prefer the Corona.

That's a Corona on the left. They have greater cutting capacity than the Jameson, and they are more durable, IMO.

The longer reach of the Corona pulley arm is a bit more problematic than the shorter Jameson; in really crowded trimming situations, the pulley and rope get bound up in the branches. I still prefer the Corona.

I like that narrow hook, would allow getting tighter into crotches when doing ornamental tree/shrub pruning I'd guess.

That Fiskars works pretty good! Very sharp and easy to use. I've used one. the rotating head is nice. I don't know how it would stand up to everyday use though.

Latest posts

Back