Poll: How bad is your CAD?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many saws do you own, running condition only.

• 1-2

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • 3-4

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • 5-6

Votes: 34 19.0%
  • 7-8

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • 9-10

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • 11-12

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 13-14

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 15-16

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • 17-20

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 20+

Votes: 23 12.8%

• Total voters
If I were to extrapolate a little bit, roughly 1/3 of AS members have 4 or less saws. I am a little disappointed, thought there would be more saw nuts that would make me look normal. Someone tell me I am okay, so I don't feel bad about getting more saws.

Only 5 ........so far. The one in the middle(024 Super) was the only saw i owned as of a little over a year ago. This isin't too many for someone that lives on a farm right??? right??? :blush:
RD

motorseven

Wow, somebody finally gave me incentive to count - 29! And my one antique, a Von Ruden Hydra Axe, needs a running tractor as well. I'd hate to count how many of those I have, because I know the running/non-running ratio is not as good and it would depress me thinking of the work ahead. Saws are much easier and cheaper to rebuild.

If I were to extrapolate a little bit, roughly 1/3 of AS members have 4 or less saws. I am a little disappointed, thought there would be more saw nuts that would make me look normal. Someone tell me I am okay, so I don't feel bad about getting more saws.

Face it your just a "sick puppie"...........

Definately not "normal" like the rest of us :clap: :clap:

I think I got it too...

I had a total of 4 saws, and only three runners until early November last year when my original Jonsered 621 broke. Since that time I have acquired at least 20 saws, with the goal that they will all run. So far only the Wright reciprocating and one McCulloch 35A don't run well enough to use. I don't think I will actually use either of those for cutting except to say I've done it. I think I have at least 9 more on the way. I convinced my wife this morning to transfer $900 into my account so I can keep up with the invoices.

Your OK, I want more saws, But the wife cut me off a five for now.

She wants a new bathroom first.... MAN I NEED A 660....

The average AS user has 8 saws.

If you remove the complete saw nuts with 20+, the average drops to 6.34 saws.

Not too bad. I guess its all relative though. A crack user who smokes 1 time a week isn't that bad compared to complete crack head.

I have way too much time on my hands now. Off to the coast! :cheers:

I protest

I represent, excuse me, I mean I resent the suggestion that everyone with 20+ saws is a complete nut.

I am not a complete anything.

attachment.php

P.S. I don't have any of my red or orange or grey or bronze or cream colored saws in the photo, and I don't even own any blue ones (yet).

Mark

Back