Poplar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just thought this might be a good forum to learn and have a resource to ask questions. my name is Fox and I am enthusiastic but conscientious.

And I probably won't take another tree down for years to come but the more I read and research tomorrow I'll be able to practice new techniques and spikes help

The only downfall is I don't like where the locking button as I feel it gets in my way to keep my finger on the trigger or the off button as it's called

It's a hobby for me there was this little old lady that a treat is going to fall on her house she was on Social Security I told her a the hundred bucks it was only like a little 30 ash tree the other part of the deal was I brought it down and cut it up grandkids had to carry it to the curb took me 2 hours

afd1e574fd1102dd2aa9be0460c6b3c4.jpg
9e60a90033f9e4e8cd272373e295a2c2.jpg
5ea9f607349187bf2f8b8fdb6311da4a.jpg
8ec3761dea02e1a0296746def155605e.jpg
f768e3521eddd0b6e1d2967e6b1f45aa.jpg
971077fb14ebe7f8ef475cd41b5c2955.jpg

You don't need to leave stubs to catch the lanyard. When you are standing still on spikes (sawing or taking pics) you aren't going to slip. It's only when you are moving up and down that you could gaff out and slip. In those situations you would have the lanyard in your hand and you will naturally throw the lanyard up. The friction and angle of the lanyard will catch you, although you may get a face full of bark. This happens on most trees due to the roughness of the bark. There are only a few species where the bark is so smooth you would slide down the tree.

It's experience where you learn to trust your equipment.

That was definitely my first at somthing that big it went reley smooth I felt nice and slow if there is such a thing.I kept it pretty straight the bar on that old echoe is a little bent so its tough! Specially on something that big.

Back