Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big rounds noodled up and tossed in truck... Nothin' like cutting in 100 degree heat...
You'll know pretty quick if your saw is tuned right or not...
:after_boom:

305475d1374524772-hot-jpg

I see the looks on people's faces, they say I'm nuts cutting in 90°+ heat. I tell them I do it to stay warm, why on God's green earth would I want to be cutting in subzero weather fighting snow that's ####### deep to a horse when I could be sitting in my recliner watching it snow and blow? Lol. I think they're just jealous because they aren't tough enough to cut in the heat.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

You got catch limits on your wood up there? It looks like you had to release everything smaller than eight inches and larger than twelve inches, just to keep the population healthy.

Haha, no catch limit !! We don't have a lot of very big trees, and when I come across something real big I just leave it there. I cut them at 4' in the wood and if the tree is too big it's simply too heavy to load on the trailer by myself. Also have 240 acres of wood lot so I select cut to make my life easier :)

some updated pictures

wood will be stacked on pallet in the barn after a few months of drying outside sun beats the pile all day. Poured a concrete floor last summer in the barn

Couple of my toys Kubota BX-25 and the Timber Wolf splitter

My truck with the Aluma lite trailer

my girl working the pile

Get the poor girl a cant hook for that! She could be popping them out without bending over. I got one for my kids this year, you'd be amazed at how much more production you get out of them with the right tools, lol. My 11yr old can muscle rounds with ease that I can't move by hand with a cant hook.

What part of Northern MI you inhabiting up there?
I see sandy ground and pine needles...

South of Traverse City. I absolutely love it here. Moved from Holland (MI) last spring. Ten acres of my own to play on and Manistee Forsest all around me. I pull firewood out of the forest (with a permit!) not even 2 miles down the road... Makes me happy!

Found a big dead ash today. Neighbor and I cut it up split it in quarters and finish split it here this evening. Tomorrow we're cutting for his pile. Works well with the two of us.

Filled just over a cord along my pines.
null_zps139ab342.jpg

The rest of my wood and my splitting area:
null_zpsa2ba3ac1.jpg

some updated pictures

wood will be stacked on pallet in the barn after a few months of drying outside sun beats the pile all day. Poured a concrete floor last summer in the barn

Couple of my toys Kubota BX-25 and the Timber Wolf splitter

My truck with the Aluma lite trailer

my girl working the pile

Thats great to have your girl helping out....someone mentioned using a canthook, a hookaroon would also be a very helpful tool in picking out rounds from a pile like that.:msp_wink:
Looks like a real neat operation. I saw a lot of equipment.........but no chainsaws. Gotta give us pics of the saw, man.
Love the pictures, thanks for posting.

Ron

Get the poor girl a cant hook for that! She could be popping them out without bending over. I got one for my kids this year, you'd be amazed at how much more production you get out of them with the right tools, lol. My 11yr old can muscle rounds with ease that I can't move by hand with a cant hook.

Have one she likes to muscle them around . She is a personal trainer and does the wood in place of weights.

Thats great to have your girl helping out....someone mentioned using a canthook, a hookaroon would also be a very helpful tool in picking out rounds from a pile like that.:msp_wink:
Looks like a real neat operation. I saw a lot of equipment.........but no chainsaws. Gotta give us pics of the saw, man.
Love the pictures, thanks for posting.

Ron

Here ya go

got this one at a garage sale real cheap needed the carb boot. Saw is like new

dont have a pic of my Husky 350

Last edited:
Have one she likes to muscle them around . She is a personal trainer and does the wood in place of weights.

Here ya go

got this one at a garage sale real cheap needed the carb boot. Saw is like new

dont have a pic of my Husky 350

Thanks for the saw pics.......I fell much better.:msp_biggrin:

Ron

Half of today's load. The other half went to the neighbor's house. Took me about 30 minutes to split this load. Getting much faster with the X27!

null_zpse175b249.jpg

Half of today's load. The other half went to the neighbor's house. Took me about 30 minutes to split this load. Getting much faster with the X27!

null_zpse175b249.jpg

Nice straight grained stuff there!!!

Was it chilly this morning?
I only miss MI in the summer and fall...
Spring and winter?

Not so much...
:msp_wink:

Mostly Ash with some maple thrown in. It was nice today for cutting and splitting. Can't ask for better here. I'm in big sky country so there is a lot of sun... That's why I split between the pines. Only direct sun from about 3-5pm. I had to leave a few 8' sections of one tree behind tonight. Both vehicles were full.

Nice straight grained stuff there!!!

Was it chilly this morning?
I only miss MI in the summer and fall...
Spring and winter?

Not so much...
:msp_wink:

You trying to say you don't like 8-9 months of gray sky, rain and mud? Lmao!

Yup...
But I will have a vacation home in da UP some day...
I'll spend the other 8 months a year down here.. :rock:

You just want to live close to the chrome shop. That's a bad place. I've spent too much money there.:msp_biggrin:

Had to go back and get the rest. Finished up the maple that knocked a hornets nest down the other day too... Got stung on the ear that day, hornets were gone today! Now to get cleaned up before I go to work. It rained last night, very humid in the woods!

null_zpsc50f1975.jpg

Back