Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought someone may appreciate this one. Just looked towards the road, and there's a doe and two fawns in the beans across the road.View attachment 306622

All three pictures are nice.. Thanks for sharing.. I like your big wood (dont take that the wrong way) i hate dealing with all the little 8 inch trees.. only good thing is not much splitting with them.. maybe half of em i split. just have to get the bark off em to dry out..

I know what you mean about the small stuff, cleaned out a small woods last year. All white ash, deadfall and on the edge of deadfall. I used a 14" bar almost exclusively all last year and never buried it but maybe twice. Been pushing the limits of a 20" this year. Lots of 22"-30" this year. Sometimes wonder if that isn't too much work though having to split everything. Thankfully the ash is light enough to put on the splitter without noodling. The big oak will test your muscles even noodled! Been thinking of locking myself in the shop with a welder and building a processor this winter and sticking to 20" and down. We'll see.

Going to have to split this in the woods a bit...

null_zps23147eb6.jpg

Here I am!
null_zpsbcaf954b.jpg

Length of tree with my buddy on the other end:

null_zps10607398.jpg

We've stopped to go home and eat dinner, about to head back out and keep cutting... Most of the top is done.

Going to have to split this in the woods a bit...

null_zps23147eb6.jpg

Here I am!
null_zpsbcaf954b.jpg

Length of tree with my buddy on the other end:

null_zps10607398.jpg

We've stopped to go home and eat dinner, about to head back out and keep cutting... Most of the top is done.

Awesome pictures! Those rounds would be way easier to handle noodled into smaller pieces.

i'm super jealous of your wood pile. that thing is huge!!! how many years worth of wood do you think you have there?

the corn also how long does it dry for do you grind it up to feed the animals sorry i don't know much about farming

the corn also how long does it dry for do you grind it up to feed the animals sorry i don't know much about farming

It is usually pretty dry when put up. Ear corn doesn't have to be super dry like shelled to be put up. I have two other cribs, so the older gets ground or shelled and ground first. But overall it is pretty dry by mid winter.

Awesome pictures! Those rounds would be way easier to handle noodled into smaller pieces.

It's actually splitting fairly easy with the X27. Halve, then split in 6 pieces. Load in the back of the durango. Repeat!

I know why it was left there too, not too many folks around here have large saws. My 361 isn't big, but bigger than most here. With just a MM and a sharp chain, it runs well. I'd like to have it worked over this winter to get a little more power out of it.

Most of the trees here are smaller 20" or less. The 361 takes them with ease, but it does take a while in the cut. I've had thoughts of a 461 but I'm not sure it would be worth it if I had my saw worked over. At that point I'd just buy another 361 and run it with a 16" B&C.

Well it's not split, and never will be seeing how I just use rounds. Got enough for a couple winters:clap:
Just need to cut it up:msp_unsure:

Ooofff. You're gonna be busy for a few days! Good thing you have lots of saws, you won't have to stop but once a day to fuel & sharpen!

Latest posts

Back