Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to use some extra fence posts to make a rick for my fire pit. All the odd and goofy pieces are headed here from now on so I don't end up with a pile of junk in my splitting area!

null_zps49fcc57c.jpg

Decided to burn some of the punk wood and just plain ugly pieces of wood today. Have to get the pit cleaned out and this is the best way I know how... Besides I have a pot of Italian meatballs going and nothing to do for another hour until they're ready!

I managed to get a small ash and a decent sized maple yesterday for my stove stacks.

Fire pit looks very nice! My wife has been after me to do something like that for awhile.......better not let her see it.:msp_wink:

Ron

I decided to use some extra fence posts to make a rick for my fire pit. All the odd and goofy pieces are headed here from now on so I don't end up with a pile of junk in my splitting area!

null_zps49fcc57c.jpg

Decided to burn some of the punk wood and just plain ugly pieces of wood today. Have to get the pit cleaned out and this is the best way I know how... Besides I have a pot of Italian meatballs going and nothing to do for another hour until they're ready!

I managed to get a small ash and a decent sized maple yesterday for my stove stacks.

Nice work, love the fire pit(I see the can on the chair, now I'm thirsty for some 'Dew!. :msp_thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments guys! It is one of my favorite places to kick back and relax.

Here is my view from that spot:

null_zps241ed173.jpg

Last edited:
Did you figure out a way to clone yourself? Damn, you work fast!

Nope. I just like to get it done and stacked so I can bring more in. I've learned that when you leave it all in rounds or halves, once the pile gets too big- it sucks. This way I only have a full cord or so to do at a time. Last nights haul was a full cord. I usually just grab a face cord worth and that's it.
Sometimes my 60yo 'Pop will help split and stack too. He likes the exercise... Guess we both do! :msp_thumbup:

Went and got a face cord this morning, already split and stacked!

ETA: I also hate clutter around my house or yard. It looks better when everything is picked up, put away, and neat. I don't want to look at a a pile of crap in my yard.

Last edited:
Saw this somewhere online and downloaded the image to share. Can't remember where it came from as it was awhile ago and I just ran across it while looking for something else in my files.

A lot of you folks put a great deal of effort into your woodpiles and this one is no exception. Very cool!

Mine is a pretty basic row on the fence line with 3 full cords and not really worth sharing. It's straight and clean, but nothing special. Not like this one anyway!

View attachment 308950

Saw this somewhere online and downloaded the image to share. Can't remember where it came from as it was awhile ago and I just ran across it while looking for something else in my files.

A lot of you folks put a great deal of effort into your woodpiles and this one is no exception. Very cool!

Mine is a pretty basic row on the fence line with 3 full cords and not really worth sharing. It's straight and clean, but nothing special. Not like this one anyway!

Way cool!!

Latest posts

Back