Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little bit more wood then last year. I always think I have cut to much but always seen to find homes for every stick of wood!

Cause Doug'll do it!!!
And I'd hate to see it get too dry and all..:msp_sneaky:
Hahahahahaha!!!!!

You bet I would do it! Got to get ahead before we get a wood transport ban. EAB. But I have already given away three truck loads of oak limbs this fall. I just don't like dealing with small limbs. Hard to pickup 2 - 6 inch round pieces with a loader. Big rounds are the best. Wood no one else can move or cut is my thing.

Hello all. New to the site here and thought I would put up a couple pics. I'm new to wood burning, but have been busy lately getting setup. I have managed to scrounge, cut, split and stack about 8 cords over the last couple months. Mostly oak, cherry, locust and elm.

Snigg,
welcome to Arboristsite! :)
Well done getting all that wood in just a couple months. :clap:

310397-wood1-jpg

Hello all. New to the site here and thought I would put up a couple pics. I'm new to wood burning, but have been busy lately getting setup. I have managed to scrounge, cut, split and stack about 8 cords over the last couple months. Mostly oak, cherry, locust and elm.

Very nice stacks and good pics!

How many cords you think you have there?

Suppost to be 100 Cords but you never know till it's all sold!!
But been using the same logger for the last 3 years and we have always ended up with more then what we thought

Last edited:
Suppost to be 100 Cords but you never know till it's all sold!!
But been using the same logger for the last 3 years and we have always ended up with more then what we thought

About what are you paying per cord when you get a load delivered? How much can he fit on a load?

Or should I say, $ per load of logs = how many cord does a load make when you're done processing?

Last edited:

That's a lot of work in a short amount of time...well done, and welcome aboard!

:clap:

Here's two of 7 piles I put up one day last week. Front pile is 3 big balsams that were cut down in '11 and 12' and will go for the fire ring. Back pile is a mix of aspen/birch/ash/maple that needs a year to cure.

I rented that splitter and it is the smoothest operating unit I have ever used. Honda engine is nice and quiet.

I've got another 7 cords to split this fall, all aspen. Then I can start all over next spring.

View attachment 311648

apyse9u4.jpg

Ready for the boiler
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back