Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we finished splitting and stacking all the wood yesterday that my friend and I started working on in January. We got approximately 12 cords out of it...man am I glad we finished all of that! We started on the last two truck loads and two trailer loads at his house about 11:30am and finished up about 10:00pm last night.

After taking some to my house during the day and wrapping up what was left at his house, we managed to enjoy a fire in the fire pit while the last of the chips were burning on the bed of coals we had from earlier in the day...that beer was very relaxing after that last push to wrap up the firewood!

next years wood supply for a new client that he had removed from the feeder line to his homestead. 6 cds. of red oak and 1.5 cds. of yellow poplar/big tooth .... took 9 tanks of fuel and 4 hours to process this pile using the husky 390/24" and the jred 2171/20"... a good mornings work out.IMG_6149.JPG IMG_6150.JPG IMG_6151.JPG IMG_6152.JPG IMG_6153.JPG IMG_6154.JPG

100_1095.JPG Some of next years wood. Walnut, hedge apple and cherry. Needs split and stacked. The pile is aprox. 8'x8' and 6 1/2 ' feet.,,and there is one ash tree in there somewhere,,,I've got the bottom edge of the "tarp walls" rolled up on that corner and the opposite wall to get some air moving. It won't be long and I'll have all the walls rolled up for the summer. The tarp is black on the outside and really draws some heat come summertime.

I found it! There's a couple cords of black locust and box elder under the white crap somewhere.

6ytuhage.jpg

Still some deep drifts to melt yet.

3asugupa.jpg

next years wood supply for a new client that he had removed from the feeder line to his homestead. 6 cds. of red oak and 1.5 cds. of yellow poplar/big tooth .... took 9 tanks of fuel and 4 hours to process this pile using the husky 390/24" and the jred 2171/20"... a good mornings work out.View attachment 341386 View attachment 341387 View attachment 341388 View attachment 341389 View attachment 341390 View attachment 341391
here's the finished project..... 7 hours yesterday and the final 3 today... a total of 14 hours blocked and split....
IMG_6159.JPG IMG_6160.JPG IMG_6161.JPG IMG_6162.JPG IMG_6163.JPG IMG_6164.JPG IMG_6165.JPG IMG_6166.JPG

Down to my last 100 cubic feet of seasoned wood.
100_2358_zps081e444d.jpg

Here's what 5 trailer loads of rounds look like. Still have about 20 more loads to bring home. The rounds on the ground under the rounds with heartrot are about 300# each. The round that's on the splitter is 20" dia.
100_2359_zps3392ad1c.jpg

Yeah, that Pin Oak in the background has to come down soon too.

daff 007 e.jpg This ain't my woodpile, there's not much left of that for this season. But here's my current splitting area for next season's wood that I'm workin' on right now. I'm posting this for all the dudes up north who are dreaming about spring. My "splitting area" moves around all over the place - I drop 'em and split 'em right where they are.

View attachment 342137 This ain't my woodpile, there's not much left of that for this season. But here's my current splitting area for next season's wood that I'm workin' on right now. I'm posting this for all the dudes up north who are dreaming about spring. My "splitting area" moves around all over the place - I drop 'em and split 'em right where they are.

Well Thanks for that.

I was planning on doing some cutting yesterday but in my area we got blasted by 3 inches of heavy wet snow. Like most of us up this way enough is enough.

Thanks for the pick me up , maybe a sign spring is headed this way. Having a hard time beleiveing that ,but just maybe??

Back