Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow! That is a crap-ton of wood. definitely some work ahead of you SVK.

I figure I would post up some updated splitting area pics. All winter I split in place in the woods. Now that things have dried out, I am back to my area. I also got to try out the tire method. 1000% better then having to pick or re-stand the pieces after each swing. Only change I will make is a way to secure it to the splitting block. tends to wander a bit.

Shot from the in woods splitting area. Ive removed two bucket fulls from this one pile and you cant even tell.. definitely a good amount of wood to haul in.

Better shot of where im splitting. the rack is in the picture too. still the best thing ive made for processing. a lot easier to process at waist high then on the ground.

My helper got the rest of the aspen hauled out. Sitting on about 11 cords in piles now plus that rack of pine. I have about another cord and a half stashed safely in various spots in the woods that I'm in no hurry to process.

View attachment 502818 View attachment 502819 View attachment 502820 View attachment 502821 View attachment 502823

some pretty good doings there, svk! great pix!!... I really do enjoy seeing 'foto essays' of ops like this. one of the reasons I so enjoy being a subscriber here on the AS. if a guy likes saws, cutting, splitting and firewood CSS, etc... and the outdoors, this is the place. your 'show' just another awesome example of what a lot of really sharp guys r up to... many saws, many trees, many splitters, many ops... but all same theme!! ;) :heart: it! ~ thanks for the pix! :)

Holy cow! That is a crap-ton of wood. definitely some work ahead of you SVK.

I figure I would post up some updated splitting area pics. All winter I split in place in the woods. Now that things have dried out, I am back to my area. I also got to try out the tire method. 1000% better then having to pick or re-stand the pieces after each swing. Only change I will make is a way to secure it to the splitting block. tends to wander a bit.

Shot from the in woods splitting area. Ive removed two bucket fulls from this one pile and you cant even tell.. definitely a good amount of wood to haul in.

Better shot of where im splitting. the rack is in the picture too. still the best thing ive made for processing. a lot easier to process at waist high then on the ground.

>I figure I would post up some updated splitting area pics.

sure glad u did! I had actually signed out, but ck forums on way out... noticed the splitting/woodpile post you made...so signed back in so I could ck'd it out. ;) wow! great - awesome... full ON CCS ops! nice firewood stacks... lots of split firewood. I never get tired of seeing pix and presentations like these... for my locale, etc... I know I have a whole lot of wood, wood to split and CSS oak firewood... but imo, little more than a 'stix game' lol... compared to these operations such as you and svk show us. I like chipper's constant scrounging, etc, firewooding too... more! any time, imo... more! :)

View attachment 501965 "Every man looks upon his wood pile with a sort of affection." - Henry David Thoreau

the only thing missing, imo... in the pix... is the fire. a camp fire. when I am splitting wood... and it is cool fall weather I always have a camp fire going. then half way thru the day's ops... I stop and roast or cook something to eat over it... and then, continue on my merry way. I think ur pix is perfect, just adding my 2-cents on what I like to do... :)

:popcorn2:

a lot going on in your CSS firewood foto essay... besides just firewood. I like that Kubota, especially with its cab! nice touch!! and the ballast box off the category 1/2 hangars speaks for itself... real nice site pix...

truckn sed: I also got to try out the tire method. 1000% better then having to pick or re-stand the pieces after each swing.

"each swing!"
omg ~ did u split all that wood by hand? :surprised3: I am not sure what others would think... but if so, no doubt you set a standard few if any could, would... follow. not speaking for others, but I know I sure couldn't hand split like that!

but u can be sure I both admire and respect you for doing so. I see no splitter and 'after each swing' says to me... " I hand split my wood!"

"Bravo!" :clap:

I have a hydraulic splitter, but on jobsites and scrounging expeditions it's nice to be able to split some of it up so you're tossing smaller pieces in the trailer. My big splitting maul was a royal pain to use, so I decided to try out what a lot of you guys are using... it came in the UPS truck, today... it feels featherweight compared to the big maul. Hope to try it out, tomorrow.

FiskarsX27-sm.jpg

I have a hydraulic splitter, but on jobsites and scrounging expeditions it's nice to be able to split some of it up so you're tossing smaller pieces in the trailer. My big splitting maul was a royal pain to use, so I decided to try out what a lot of you guys are using... it came in the UPS truck, today... it feels featherweight compared to the big maul. Hope to try it out, tomorrow.

View attachment 502979
Please report on the results. The only mauls I have are reclaimed heads that i glued onto fiberglass handles and probably older than me. I don't like splitting with any of them.
39bc4dac6d4e10b933d546b4d53c65f6.jpg

View attachment 502979

Brian

View attachment 502979
Looks brand new. You split anything with that yet? LOL

Latest posts

Back