Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought mine was the only one....:laugh: Nice shed.
Nope. ;)
Thanks. :msp_smile:

I get to watch my wife, she does a lot of the stacking.:laugh:

My wife does help me out from time to time:D, and when she stops and watches me she shakes her head and smiles..... :hmm3grin2orange:

Just got us a new use for our firewood at the lake ..... picked up a wood-burning cookstove, with a firebox and 2 "elements" on the left, with a propane oven & 4-burner stove on the right. An antique Belanger model, built in Quebec prolly 60 or more years ago.

It's gonna need a bit of work, but I can't wait to see it all working !

Just got us a new use for our firewood at the lake ..... picked up a wood-burning cookstove, with a firebox and 2 "elements" on the left, with a propane oven & 4-burner stove on the right. An antique Belanger model, built in Quebec prolly 60 or more years ago.

It's gonna need a bit of work, but I can't wait to see it all working !

There may be a reason they quit making the propane / wood combo's Dennis....
Be cautious...
:laugh::laugh:

There may be a reason they quit making the propane / wood combo's Dennis....
Be cautious...
:laugh::laugh:

attachment.php

This one works perfect. The propane pilot system has already been bypassed, so all burners (oven included) have to be lit manually. Zero leaks, wood firebox in perfect condition. Fixed a coupla broken pieces in the chimney outlet adaptor and the front damper control, but otherwise the only thing not working is the timer. Even the clock works !

View attachment 304593

Damn Nice!!! :bowdown:Now I have to figure out how to pose the plow blade.

You did in your avatar!

This is my "driveway" and the plow lives there from May - October.

The unsplit piles contain a lot of pine, so while I have about 2 years CSS, and enough in rounds for year 3, there isn't enough hardwood yet in that stash. Nemo did a number on the pines and I will burn it, just won't work as hard to get it.

Is that for supervising the kids stacking the wood? :D

curious...do you tarp the sides and front of this shed when it rains?

My wife doesn't keep the same "stacking pace" as me, it's her chair. ;)
My son is home from college, he does keep pace with me..... :hmm3grin2orange:

Ayuh,
I do tarp it, only in the fall and winter to keep out the frozen precip.
The way the shed is built, the only time much rain gets in is when we get the sideways kind..... :msp_thumbup:
I leave it open in the summer for "extra" drying. :)

It's been around 90 degrees all week where's the cooler!!!! To go with the chair when it break time. It's been hot for N.H. I've never drank as much water as I have This week!

Some people are such knuckle heads, I got the same pine mess in my back yard minus the branches with needles. Only reason I have it is not to save on disposal fees, because they hauled the small branches away. It's to use as shoulder season burning 3 years from now. No way I would pay $250 for all the cutting and splitting I have been doing in this heat for pine. It's my tree so no I don't want to waste a 60 footer. How about that fool pay $250 to have that hot mess removed from his yard. :talktohand:

Latest posts

Back