Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The woodpile from this summer. Got some work to do.
IMG_20170922_193506319_zpsrr3ucu2v.jpg

Nice looking wood ya got there. welcome to the site. hope you find what youre looking for. remember, things tend to get a little tense in winter around here (and everywhere on the web). try to take the hard guys with a grain of salt and the rest of us will help you any way we can

Nice looking wood ya got there. welcome to the site. hope you find what youre looking for. remember, things tend to get a little tense in winter around here (and everywhere on the web). try to take the hard guys with a grain of salt and the rest of us will help you any way we can
Thanks Jake! I lurked though the forums here before I bought my first chainsaw last summer. The debates between Stihl and Husky were pretty amusing. I ended up with a new 261cm and couldn't be happier. I've got the bug now, hoping for a 661 in the future. I really enjoy cutting wood! I blame my dad, he was in the logging business. I was bow sawing and hand splitting growing up for my allowance. Just getting back into it now.

Things DO NOT get tense around here in winter you %&@*!!

:laughing:

Anyway, it's summer here :havingarest:.

Thanks Jake! I lurked though the forums here before I bought my first chainsaw last summer. The debates between Stihl and Husky were pretty amusing. I ended up with a new 261cm and couldn't be happier. I've got the bug now, hoping for a 661 in the future. I really enjoy cutting wood! I blame my dad, he was in the logging business. I was bow sawing and hand splitting growing up for my allowance. Just getting back into it now.
A 661. Now that's a real man's saw :muscle:.

Mate, I was bow sawing from when I left home until my son was born - 1998-2007 and kept myself then myself and my future wife warm that way. It's good exercise and you really value the wood you cut. Got a bit harder when Cowgirl was at home looking after Cowlad full-time and firewood consumption doubled. Bought an MS 310 thinking I was a big man. Then after a while, I realised I wasn't and needed more! Picked up a 460. Then after a while, I needed more! MORE! Got the 661. Every time you step up a notch, you know you love it, but more would be even better again. I used an 885cc Husky today and it was quite serviceable. Pity it was a mower. Now if Stihl made an 885cc chainsaw...

Did you guys see the wood he has there???? IT'S ALL PINE!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody better warn him before he burns his dang house down!!!!!!!! :laughing::crazy:;);););):D:baaa:

Totally a joke :drinkingcoffee:
That's funny! It's actually mostly aspen, that main pic is probably 2/3 aspen, the rest a spruce/ fir mix, it's what we have the most of down here so gotta make do right? What you can't see in the pic is the cord and a half of cedar/ pinion behind the rest. That's about as close to hardwood as we got here, although there is some scrub oak to be had justnot nearly as abundant. I'm definitely jealous of the hardwoods some of you folks have in your areas!

Welcome!

Is that picture recent? Looks a lot warmer there than the shots from the midwest and northeast we are seeing.
Took that shot about a month ago, we've had unusually warm and dry weather here so far this winter which is killing me because skiing is my other passion!

Mate, I was bow sawing from when I left home until my son was born - 1998-2007 and kept myself then myself and my future wife warm that way. It's good exercise and you really value the wood you cut. Got a bit harder when Cowgirl was at home looking after Cowlad full-time and firewood consumption doubled. Bought an MS 310 thinking I was a big man. Then after a while, I realised I wasn't and needed more! Picked up a 460. Then after a while, I needed more! MORE! Got the 661. Every time you step up a notch, you know you love it, but more would be even better again. I used an 885cc Husky today and it was quite serviceable. Pity it was a mower. Now if Stihl made an 885cc chainsaw...
I actually have an old Stihl 051 that a friend gave me sitting in my shed but it's not running. I might bring that up in another thread when I have some more time. I'd definitely like to put that 92cc beast to use someday! :)

My Disston DA 211 was 180CC's, 90 in each cylinder, Joe.

Back