Post your best saw scores under $100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Piston and jug

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah, you done real good on that deal Chris. That's a nice looking saw. :cheers:

I've had some good deals come along. I do place ads and ask everyone I see about saws and parts.

This may be my best deal so far, a McCulloch 1-70 with a good bar and chain for $25.00.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Or it could be this Pioneer P50 I got for $30.00. It was locked up from the carbon in the jug coming loose and keeping the piston from passing TDC.

attachment.php

Yeah, I'm bragging a little. :hmm3grin2orange:

Every once in a while they come along. My p-41 was $50, fuel lines and cleaned the carb...100%.

Guy delivered that one too. But for every good one there seems to be fifty wild things.:monkey:

ms440 $95 20" bar/chain. Ugly as can be but ohhhh can she cut. I have not put it a real test but bucked a couple rounds and all I can say is WOW. This one is a reason to leave the 390 in the pretty case. Can't wait to run the 25" bar and chain that the 390 doesn't like.

stihl 029 super Powerhead only, no bar/chain About $50 since I bought it with a package of two other saws. Needed a carb kit and bar/chain. Runs and looks so nice I went out and bought it a pretty matching case like the 390.

The 390 doesn't fall into this category, but it was 5 months old when purchased for $300 almost new 20"bar with chain and 3 new extra chains. new 25 bar 2 chains. 5 bottles 2.5 gallon oil mix. 2 gallon gas container. 1 gallon bar oil. Saw tools and files. I still thought this was a good deal at the time especially that I was using a 041 farmboss when I upgraded to this 390. The guy probably only ran on bottle of 2.5 gallon mix through it.

This site is the reason for the 390 upgrade since the 041 that has a new owner and the reason for the 029 and ms440

Bought a Poulan Pro.42cc with an 18" bar.Paid $65.00 at a Reno pawn shop.Things runs pretty darn good.It's nice for limbing.

i got my mac 10-10 fo freee! 2 024's 40 a piece and my 044 from the p-shop was 100 out the door

every saw i got didn't cost no more then 90 bucks all together.i either traded or just pay 40 or 50 bucks a piece for them. and i got 8 right now and looking to have more this coming week.and i'm planing on going to the fleamarket this saturday and see what i can find up there.

I got an 028 for free and it came with the carrying case.

It would run for a few minutes and die. I ended up going through the saw and found the condenser was no good. I did the electronc conversion with a later model coil and she runs good.

Here is my list ....

Homelite Z3300 ..... $5
Makita DCS390 ..... $26
Mac PM610 ........... $20
Mac 250 .............. $40
Mac SP81 ............ $25
Mac Super 550 ..... $45
Stihl 031AV ......... $35
Husky 350 .......... $92

All were (to varying degrees) runners ..

2007 Husky 346XP OE, made a few weeks before production switched to the NE saws so its got the unlimited coil and nice orange clutch cover. Seller got it with a burnt P&C, put in a new 50cc set, couldn't get it to start so he set it aside and eventualyl sold it on CL, I was lucky enough to get it.

Carb intake wasn't screwed all the way on, had about a half inch of bolt showing, dogged it down, found the plug upper tip was unscrewed and almost fell off, screwed it down, and found the gap was almost double to spec. Regapped it and the thing fired on the third pull. Put a 16" b&c on it and its a great backup to my 359...sometimes the 359 is a great backup for the 346...depends on my mood. B&C were at a local hardware store and they were having a big sale, so I picked up a Husky bar and cheap Husky safety chain (all they had) and still the whole thing is under $100.

For 50 euros (69 bucks), I got a running Shindaiwa yb401, a running shindaiwa yb411, a running stihl ms 170, and a few parts saws: ms 180, ms 190 and husky 36. Bought them off a shop that was closing down.

Latest posts

Back