Post your best saw scores under $100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these...

McCulloch 640 (FREE)

attachment.php

Stihl 041 Super (Actually paid $125 for it)

attachment.php

Homelite Zip (FREE)

attachment.php

McCulloch Power Mac 6 (FREE)

attachment.php

Homelite 770G (FREE)

attachment.php

:)

Gary

More...

Stihl 028 Super (FREE... however came to me in pieces in a bucket needed rings.)

attachment.php

McCulloch 2-10 (I think I paid $40 bucks for it)

attachment.php

McCulloch Super 250 (FREE... and is my current project)

attachment.php

McCulloch 250 ($40 bucks... I gave it to my buddy Matt to start the Yellow Fever)

attachment.php

They all run except for the Super 250. came to me as a project...

Gary

Because he's part paisano

Adam handed over a 7900 he used to use for his tree service business.

DSCF2111.jpg

And his winning modified 7900 cylinder that took a first place to play with;)

DSCF2112.jpg

hmm...

As of right now, my best score was the Craftsman 3.7, my uncle gave it to me and I got it running. I have asked my dad to talk to people he works with and see if any of them have old saws, lawn mowers, etc. that they don't want anymore. I will post all finds on here for you (and me) CAD infected persons. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

One I got at a yard sale. it was so black and covered with grease grime, that I was embarrassed to pay 5 bucks for. Course I had no idea what it was at the time. Cleaned up, carb kit, impulse and fuel line, and 6 years later it still running. 026 pro..yep...I'm bragging.

person on CL, posted a stihl 025 and a craftsman. When I met up with him he said I just missed out on the 025 for $125, but he had this mint craftsman for $50. He stated it always ran great...no kidding. It was the Solo 651, version, mag case, like new. He had no idea, he was probably wondering why I was so happy buying a crapsman :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Last edited:
My favorite saw 394 XP it ran, but it did need a coil and few other wear parts. It cost $25, I have about $200 in now.

To date a Stihl 044 w/ 20" bar for $75, Stihl 024 $100(absolutly beautiful), a free Mac 110, and a free Stihl 041AV with another promised to be free 041 to follow soon. Seems all my saws fall in the $125-$250 catagory other than these.

Last edited:
Went to an auction and bid on one of two 18" craftsmans 40cc, got it for $17.50 and the auctioneer asked if I wanted the other one as well and ended up getting both for $35 and a third one, a poulan match to the craftsmans, for $20. Total $55 for 3 saws. Brought them home , cleaned out the old fuel, cleaned out the carbs, new plugs, new fuel, adjusted the carbs. They all ran and idled and cut. Two came with cases. Sold them all for $60 each in a week. Got to love country auctions.:hmm3grin2orange::chainsawguy:

I got this today for $40. Needs a piston so far, but I haven't vac tested it yet.
It's pretty clean, I was quite happy with it. I even got a stihl case for it.

The guy delivered it too, I didn't even have to go get it.:blob2:

These pics aren't the best, but you get the idea.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back