• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Poulan 655BP + parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapo_feo

Reaction score
I'd like to get rid of this 655BP and the pile of parts with it. The saw hasn't been started, but it's not locked up. It's complete, it's a boost port, and it is in need of a full restoration. The chain brake ear on the clutch cover was hacked off at some point during its life, but other than that no broken parts that I've noticed. The parts included are all NOS. Piston, rings, circlips, reeds, crank seals, crankcase gasket, carb kit, AV buffers, fuel lines, sprocket bearing, flocked air filter, and other odds and ends. You can think of it as a bunch of parts with a free saw, or a saw with a bunch of free parts. Either way, I'd like $400 shipped to the lower 48.
lside.jpg

rside.jpg

rcover.jpg

655parts.JPG
655parts-jpg.376019

I found another clutch cover that is intact, no brake band or flag though, and a starter cover with screens. I'll include them in the sale and might have pics when I get some new batteries.

Here are the pics of the clutch cover and recoil I dug up. It might look like the longer you wait the more parts you get, but I'm only finding new stuff because somebody else wants a part. I will clean these up once a deal is made, or not depending on buyer preference.

cover1.JPG

cover2.JPG

cover3.JPG

cover4.JPG

The challenge and satisfaction of putting a basketcase together should more than make up for the price difference.

I have buckets of basket cases to be reassembled currently. Much as I'd love to have a 655 again (especially a BP), my lack of decent work space is killing me at the moment.. Plus, I'm hoping to recoup some $$ I'm out in previous trades leading up to this saw.

I know how it goes. I need a PM1000, but I have no use for one. Much like I don't have a use for a 655, or two. I made a runner out of my parts pile but I'll keep it until I forget how much I spent getting parts. With this package I figured I'd save the buyer from backorder and NLA hell that way they might have enough sanity left to enjoy the saw.

Latest posts

Back