Poulan Pro 5020 - Anyone Seen One?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I see that Poulan has a new chainsaw, 50cc. The model number is PP5020.

Anyone seen one or tried it?

Thanks,
Bill

"most power (50cc) for any consumer chainsaw on the market" huh? That souns kinda like "least stinky poo in the outhouse" to me.

Where are they coming from?

I saw these a couple months ago or so and posted a thread on it. So, I just checked again, these saws are not listed on the official poulan pro website. Chain Saws

So where do they come from?

I see that Poulan has a new chainsaw, 50cc. The model number is PP5020.

Anyone seen one or tried it?

Thanks,
Bill

I have one. Seems to run nicely. Have not cut with it though. I was surprised to find absolutely nothing inside the muffler. Gives it a nice sound. The clutch cover is metal and most of the plastic parts have the Husqvarna emblem molded into the backside.

"most power (50cc) for any consumer chainsaw on the market" huh? That souns kinda like "least stinky poo in the outhouse" to me.

haha. I suspect the Dolmar 510 or Stihl MS 290 would give it a run for its money on power though ;)

It might be a better value though. The poulan pros arent terrible saws, depending upon what you're doing with them. I do think they come with ridiculously large bars for their engine size though. This one with a 16" bar would probably be a decent little limber for someone with not tons of wood to cut and a limited budget.

review

I have one. Seems to run nicely. Have not cut with it though. I was surprised to find absolutely nothing inside the muffler. Gives it a nice sound. The clutch cover is metal and most of the plastic parts have the Husqvarna emblem molded into the backside.

Looking forward to your review once you have broken it in and cut some wood with it. Is it a strato saw? 200 bucks for a brand new 50 cc saw...

I still wonder why they aren't listed on the official website though, just seems odd.

I still wonder why they aren't listed on the official website though, just seems odd.

It really is no different than Husky not listing the 555 on their website even though it is out.
I have seen Stihl do this also, the 261 wasn't listed for a while even though it was available.

Looking forward to your review once you have broken it in and cut some wood with it. Is it a strato saw? 200 bucks for a brand new 50 cc saw...

The Poulan Weedeater website is a disaster. tough to get through to get parts. I understand they make consumer grade stuff, but you would think they would make it easy and appealing to consumers.

The Poulan Weedeater website is a disaster. tough to get through to get parts. I understand they make consumer grade stuff, but you would think they would make it easy and appealing to consumers.
It's not on their website, for whatever reason. They're not the only large company that cannot get their crap together and keep their website up to date. However, Poulan parts are very readily available for everything else, so I would not expect problems.

Another hunk of junk. Well atleast they left that stupid tool-less chain adjuster of it.
On what do you base this astute analysis? Must be junk because of the brand name? It's a plastic strato homeowner saw built pretty much like every other one from every other manufacturer, out of the same kinds of materials. It just costs less so you can't brag about it on AS.

If I were to be looking for a new saw, this is the one I would most likely buy, probably the Craftsman version. I could walk into Sears and pick one up, parts are available from them too. Has everything I would want, and nothing I don't (like tool-less chain adjusters). And I would expect to modify the tuning and consider a muffler mod, like any other saw. Looks like it already has a decent chain.

It's not on their website, for whatever reason. They're not the only large company that cannot get their crap together and keep their website up to date. However, Poulan parts are very readily available for everything else, so I would not expect problems.

On what do you base this astute analysis? Must be junk because of the brand name? It's a plastic strato homeowner saw built pretty much like every other one from every other manufacturer, out of the same kinds of materials. It just costs less so you can't brag about it on AS.

If I were to be looking for a new saw, this is the one I would most likely buy, probably the Craftsman version. I could walk into Sears and pick one up, parts are available from them too. Has everything I would want, and nothing I don't (like tool-less chain adjusters). And I would expect to modify the tuning and consider a muffler mod, like any other saw. Looks like it already has a decent chain.

Yeah um you fight the power. Like many great companies, Poulan has become a shadow of their former selves. They cost $192 at Amazon and come with a case made in the finest Chicom Sweat Shops.

Yeah um you fight the power. Like many great companies, Poulan has become a shadow of their former selves. They cost $192 at Amazon and come with a case made in the finest Chicom Sweat Shops.
LOL - Goin' after the case then, huh? Translation: You've never seen one.

LOL - Goin' after the case then, huh? Translation: You've never seen one.

Not in person nor do I really want to but have seen them at Amazon. As I've mentioned before, atleast Poulan left that ridiculous tool-less chain adjuster off this model.

I say the exact same thing about modern Homelite and McCulloch Chainsaws, they're GARBAGE.

Well, think whatever you want to about it, it matters little to me. I'm perfectly capable of making my own judgments about what a good tool is. I have no doubt I could get a lot of work done for a lot of years with a 5020, just as I have with all my other junk and garbage, totally worthless saws.

Anyone know what this saw uses for a bar mount? If it shares the same as the PP330, I might see if I can get a 20" Poulan bar for my 330 as the 22" is a bit nose heavy and awkward.

Back