Poulan S25da

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol.. Not that you don't have enough offers, but I have probably 15 of these from clean runners to parts saws. If you need anything, let me know.

What do you need? I think I have one here in a box in the attic over my garage.

I need the 10-24 X 3/4" oval head screw for the front of the pull starter cover, the screw at the rear of the handle, a switch, the rubber pull starter handle (non-OEM are available at most parts stores), and the star washer for the duckbill. The star washer may be a standard one I can buy at the local hardware store...I haven't had a chance to look yet.

Drag or a course? What hp merc?
Very cool :)

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

It's a mile and a half four turn oval typically. Three laps with a flying start. The motor is an unrestricted stock 15 hp two stroke...runs just a touch under 60mph in the straight-away. The boat is made from okoume plywood and obechi wood frame. Boat, motor, and kid weighs 325 lbs.

I have a S25da that my dad gave me. He bought it new in 74'. everything is original except for the bar, chain, air filter, spark plug and it has had a carb kit. Smokes like crazy but runs like a scalded ape. I'm debating going thru it and repairing/cleaning it up though as the automatic oiler on it does not work, i resort to the manual which works perfectly.

It wont' get much use as i just last week picked up a Stihl MS180c for $100.

Stop Switch.JPG Starter Screw.JPG Handle Screw.JPG Here are photos of the three parts i
I'm looking for; rear screw for the handle, front screw for the pull starter, and the stop switch. Does anyone have these for sale? I'm looking for the rubber pull starter tee handle too.

f965debfd70300de5574df0161922927.jpg
just came across this one craftsman 2.0 (poulan 2000)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if they were similar to the craftsman 2.0 since I have one of those. It does look like the case and recoil are different also. Good little Reed saws.

I was wondering if they were similar to the craftsman 2.0 since I have one of those. It does look like the case and recoil are different also. Good little Reed saws.
Little in common. Some have the same carb as the s25. They use the same bar mount. Not sure about the coil. All s25 saws have a chrome bore only the pro micro saws do. Biggest difference in the engine is a single counterweight crank on the micro, dual on the s25. The micros are the best in that class but inferior to the s25.

I have a S25da that my dad gave me. He bought it new in 74'. everything is original except for the bar, chain, air filter, spark plug and it has had a carb kit. Smokes like crazy but runs like a scalded ape. I'm debating going thru it and repairing/cleaning it up though as the automatic oiler on it does not work, i resort to the manual which works perfectly.

It wont' get much use as i just last week picked up a Stihl MS180c for $100.

Your automatic oiler not working is more then likely the reason it smokes like crazy.

I probably have those parts you could have for free. Getting me to go through the time and trouble of sending them to you might be costly.

Thank you Mark...that is very kind of you. I went shopping on Ebay and bought everything but the switch...I didn't see one. I tried to get my old one out, but the coil seems to be in the way. The screws on the coil were so tight I was afraid I would snap them so I stopped. I'll give them a shot of PB Blaster tomorrow and try again this weekend.

I ran a new fuel line today with the help of the service manual you sent me! Went just like I knew what I was doing.

Now to rebuild the carb...a Walbro this time.

Cheers,
Weedhopper

How do you figure that. This is the oiler for the bar and chain i'm talking about, that won't affect the exhaust smoking.
because it's a diaphragm pump which takes a pulse from the crankcase and if it is broken it sucks the bar oil into the engine. MM knows what he's talking about..

because it's a diaphragm pump which takes a pulse from the crankcase and if it is broken it sucks the bar oil into the engine. MM knows what he's talking about..

He was spot on. I tore it all apart and every gasket was leaking like crazy. I have managed to find and order every part including the diaphragm to rebuild it.

Back