Power Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not worth it! I can buy a new 660 (R) for less than what he's asking. Maybe that's what he wants to do as well...if he can find a sucker?

Last edited:
Do you realize that anyone can go buy a new 066/660 for cheaper than that and get a warranty? Also, you are lying about the power and specs between the 066 and 660. Post this or I will report you in 1 hour.

I asked him that question...am I a bad man?

Do you realize that anyone can go buy a new 066/660 for cheaper than that and get a warranty? Also, you are lying about the power and specs between the 066 and 660. Post this or I will report you in 1 hour.

I asked him that question...am I a bad man?

You're a Baaadddd man...who just happens to be right! :cheers:

That guy's full of it. There's very little difference in that saw and a brand new MS660. Matter of fact, many of the parts are interchangeable. As far as I know, there 0% more plastic on a new one.

I think you got it right - BS factor is very high.....:censored:

Last edited:
I don't know how Stihl rates the power of a 660 vs. 066, but there has been a decrease in compression and a more restrictive muffler. So the real power of a stock 660 is less than some models of 066.

thanks to everyone who replied i wont be buying this

Last edited:
I don't know how Stihl rates the power of a 660 vs. 066, but there has been a decrease in compression and a more restrictive muffler. So the real power of a stock 660 is less than some models of 066.

Exactly, how many of you have actually ran an old style 066. They have more ump, the compression ratio in the cylinders is higher for one, no baffles, bigger exhaust ports, fixed jets in the carb.

I have run tons of both, still have some old style 066s and stock they smoke a 660.

Last edited:
Exactly, how many of you have actually ran an old style 066. They have more ump, the compression ratio in the cylinders is higher for one, no baffles, bigger exhaust ports, fixed jets in the carb.

I have run tons of both, still have some old style 066s and stock they smoke a 660.

I havent...but I want to;)

A builder who's name I'm not supposed to mention said that the 066 ports better than the newer 660s do.

Ian

Latest posts

Back