Power Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice lookin' 066.

I have a question though, if he already had a offer for $1000 locally, why would you go thur ebay to pay the fees and hassle of shipping?:dizzy: :dizzy:

I'll join the list of guys that know the 066 has more power than the 660.
Given a choice between this saw and a new one at the same price, I'd say it's a toss up. If I could see the saw 'hands on' before I bought it, then I'd get the old one, provided the piston still looked as good as the rest of the saw.
You can tell it's about 1992, because the case still has the knock out for the 'red light' which was discontinued in late '91 I think.
$500 would be a great deal, more than that, I'd wait it out myself. If I were in a hurry to buy a saw, realisticly, this saw is worth in the $850 to $1000 range.

Exactly, how many of you have actually ran an old style 066. They have more ump, the compression ratio in the cylinders is higher for one, no baffles, bigger exhaust ports, fixed jets in the carb.

I have run tons of both, still have some old style 066s and stock they smoke a 660.

+1. Plus some folks just like the way the ones with the metal flywheel run as compared to the current plastic/composite/whatever flywheels...

I'll join the list of guys that know the 066 has more power than the 660.
Given a choice between this saw and a new one at the same price, I'd say it's a toss up. If I could see the saw 'hands on' before I bought it, then I'd get the old one, provided the piston still looked as good as the rest of the saw.
You can tell it's about 1992, because the case still has the knock out for the 'red light' which was discontinued in late '91 I think.
$500 would be a great deal, more than that, I'd wait it out myself. If I were in a hurry to buy a saw, realisticly, this saw is worth in the $850 to $1000 range.

But it has a compression release. My first 2 066s in 94' did not have a release.

But it has a compression release. My first 2 066s in 94' did not have a release.

That is where I am stumped, I have never seen the older version with the decomp. I noticed the redlight is missing, which is either older than the redlight period or later.

Wonder if it is any early cross breed with the poly flywheel.

I also believe the older 066's run better stock than the 660's.

The clyinders have changed over the years some. I have an older 066 cylinder on my 660 with a little makeover done and it is a pretty strong runner. Strong enough for what I'll ever need.

This saw is VERY confusing. Clear fuel tank so it has to be later then a red light as unless I am wrong all of those had the full metal tank. Have often considered switching mine so I could tell when it was getting low before it started to tell me. Surely with the box and as clean as it looks it isn't a frankensaw??? Confusing!

This saw is VERY confusing. Clear fuel tank so it has to be later then a red light as unless I am wrong all of those had the full metal tank. Have often considered switching mine so I could tell when it was getting low before it started to tell me. Surely with the box and as clean as it looks it isn't a frankensaw??? Confusing!

My redlight had a plastic tank. Seen quite a few of the old models with the clear tanks. Mine might have been clear at one point, but I doubt it fadedf that much to look the opaque of the rest of the tank. Actually, come to think of it, I've never seen a redlight 066 with a metal tank.

Have seen some old 064's that had them, though.

The thing with this that still stumps me is it has the old style hood (top engine cover) with the decomp. It is not the new style more rounded top cover.

Back