Practice climbing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am a former forest tech grad and operator of Forestry services company (Logging, silvicuture, consulting, woodlot services ect ect ect). I am now taking some time out to train to be an Arborist. I am now in the class portion in a local college that teaches Arboriculture. I believe that there is no substitute for on the job training. However me and another student would like some one on one climbing-coaching-training for a few hours each week to gain experience and practice. The suitable candidate would be a safe, experienced and qualified climber. In the GTA. It would be a paid tutor position.

Please leave a message if intersted

Squad 143

I am a former forest tech grad and operator of Forestry services company (Logging, silvicuture, consulting, woodlot services ect ect ect). I am now taking some time out to train to be an Arborist. I am now in the class portion in a local college that teaches Arboriculture. I believe that there is no substitute for on the job training. However me and another student would like some one on one climbing-coaching-training for a few hours each week to gain experience and practice. The suitable candidate would be a safe, experienced and qualified climber. In the GTA. It would be a paid tutor position.

Please leave a message if intersted

Check with squad 143, he's from the GTA. I' would love to help you, but I'm north of Barrie and very busy! I don't really know of anyone else down there. What kind of forest service company are you working out of in Toronto?
Any other questions just ask, you'll get it answered here!:greenchainsaw:

Juliano,

I just sent you a PM.

As with Deevo, I'm quite busy, but I may be able to help you out some.

You may be interested in attending Vermeer's open house. The info is posted in the Commercial Tree Care and Climbing. I believe the topic this year is Aerial Rescue.

http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=95704

Your on the right track by being on this site. Lots of knowledge here.

vermeers open house is tech rigging im pretty sure,,, did you go to humber this year??

Last edited:
If the seminar is on technical rigging, you'd be better off skipping it. I've sat through hours of different rigging seminars, and while there is alot to learn from the seminars, you'll learn twice as much watching others and doing it. If climbing practice is what you need, that's what you should spend your money on.

Back