Prayers wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to hear your feelin better....Hope each day gets good and you be ontrack to a speedy recovery... Jess

Some of you were crazy enough to ask for pics of my Snellerized port job. Well here you go:clap:

325892559_Ak85v-L.jpg

The kitty's from Anna my 9 year old daughter. She actually climbed in bed beside Daddy. The some pretty cool stuff right there. I have a wonderful wife who is an RN at the hospital where the surgery was done. So you can imagine the level of care I got. She's a sweetheart for sure. Dec will be our 20th anniversary. We got married when I was 20 and I'd do it all over again.
325891657_8B3Kg-L.jpg

I came home from the hospital last night. My pain is nearly gone. It only hurts when I lift my head so I use my hand to help pick it up. I have significant vertigo any time I try to move my head. I can walk but have to be very careful and slow. I'm still pretty weak to and tire easy. My doc said he's done 2000 of these and I was the first he ever knicked the dura and caused a brain fluid leak. He repaired it will some other skin and then sealed it with the blue stuff you see in the one pick. I think it eventually absorbs into the body.

It's really been encouraging reading everyones comments. It's like I've gotten 150 prayers and get well cards from all around the world. Pretty cool stuff from people the you don't know by face for the most part. Thanks again.

Some of you were crazy enough to ask for pics of my Snellerized port job. Well here you go:clap:

325892559_Ak85v-L.jpg

The kitty's from Anna my 9 year old daughter. She actually climbed in bed beside Daddy. The some pretty cool stuff right there. I have a wonderful wife who is an RN at the hospital where the surgery was done. So you can imagine the level of care I got. She's a sweetheart for sure. Dec will be our 20th anniversary. We got married when I was 20 and I'd do it all over again.
325891657_8B3Kg-L.jpg

I came home from the hospital last night. My pain is nearly gone. It only hurts when I lift my head so I use my hand to help pick it up. I have significant vertigo any time I try to move my head. I can walk but have to be very careful and slow. I'm still pretty weak to and tire easy. My doc said he's done 2000 of these and I was the first he ever knocked the dura and caused a brain fluid leak. He repaired it will some other skin and then sealed it with the blue stuff you see in the one pick. I think it eventually absorbs into the body.

It's really been encouraging reading everyones comments. It's like I've gotten 150 prayers and get well cards from all around the world. Pretty cool stuff from people the you don't know by face for the most part. Thanks again.
No Problem. You are more than welcome. We all need encouragement from others in life when thing are at the lowest for any one. Me, I'm suffering from a Nervous Break Down, and I have my bad days too.
Take good care of your self, and you will be up and around in no time. Follow Doc's orders to the Max.
Bruce.

325892559_Ak85v-L.jpg

325891657_8B3Kg-L.jpg

I came home from the hospital last night. My pain is nearly gone. It only hurts when I lift my head so I use my hand to help pick it up. I have significant vertigo any time I try to move my head. I can walk but have to be very careful and slow. I'm still pretty weak to and tire easy. My doc said he's done 2000 of these and I was the first he ever knicked the dura and caused a brain fluid leak. He repaired it will some other skin and then sealed it with the blue stuff you see in the one pick. I think it eventually absorbs into the body.

Good to see you back and posting so soon!
Blue stuff? I think the proper term for that is medical grade J.B weld.

Yeah, a proper doc would have TIGed it, these amateurs with the JB get everywhere.... It has to be said, you look pretty grumpy in that bed.

Hope the vertigo fixes up soon. You'll still be hosed from the anaesthetic for several days, just chill out and relax. Good to hear that you are home, they generally don't let you out unless you are on the mend.

Oh yes, on the subject on Contras - they're a bit stuffed because you can't get pistons for them for love or money. Settle for an 070 next...

Last edited:
you are the man!
i don't know anyone else who could lay on the O R table getting cut and still manage to snap pics of it for a tutorial on AS.

i may never need to go in to my head and install a stint... but if i do i have picks to go by now!!!;)

thanks for all of your contributions to the site, get well and keep 'em coming.

Continuing to pray

Dear Brad,

We will continue to pray for your speedy recovery. I had some surgery a few years back (removed my cancerous thyroid) and know it takes time to get back on track. I still have a lot of inner ear problems (whole family is wracked with Minear's) so I am especially sympathetic towards your condition and recovery.

Wish you all the best, do get some rest and move carefully for a while.

And I second Urbicide's motion for the RTV II, looks like just the right stuff for a job like this.

Mark H

This is for everyone who has responded to Brad. I am amazed that you all care about him, whether you know him personally or just from AS. Im fairly new to this website but have made a few friends and I am proud to say im a member.Its good to see people taking a few minutes out of their busy day to support a person in need.I may sound corny but thats how I feel.
Oh hope your feeling better Brad.:)

Best of luck

As that great philosopher Red Greene says "we'll be pulling for ya, we're all in this together". JR

Hey Brad

just checking in on one of my fav builders. Good to see the surgery is behind you and on the road to recovery. Carry on, and looking forward to you back up and building.
Best wishes to you and yours
thom

Just reading this thread for the first time. It hit home more than I expected, as my name is also Brad and I was also diagnosed with Meniere's disease about a year and a half ago. I have much less severe symptoms - enough so to make me unsure if the diagnosis is even correct (Meniere's is horribly over-diagnosed, since it's sort of a "catch all diagnosis" when everything else is ruled out).

My best wishes for you on a full recovery - please keep us updated on your progress.

Back