Prayers wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... enough so to make me unsure if the diagnosis is even correct (Meniere's is horribly over-diagnosed, since it's sort of a "catch all diagnosis" when everything else is ruled out).

So.. what you're saying is that Brad was diagnosed wrong ... and he's really being operated on for CAD:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

So.. what you're saying is that Brad was diagnosed wrong ... and he's really being operated on for CAD:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

The only sure-fire (so to speak) surgery for CAD (besides a lobotomy):blob2: is to get a pacemaker installed.........then the true CADdict will invent a diesel chainsaw and become a bodybuilder just to lift it up.:D

Get well soon, Brad! I hope the surgery corrects the problem for good.:rock:

i don't know anyone else who could lay on the O R table getting cut and still manage to snap pics of it for a tutorial on AS.

That wasn't a tutorial, that was a "look what I've gone and done" set of pics. A tutorial would be Brad persuading the doc to post a proper "how to" thread with lots of pics, showing Brad, the tools he used, how he sharpened the knife etc etc. We could then have a massive argument about whether you should sharpen a scalpel with a file or a grinder.

That wasn't a tutorial, that was a "look what I've gone and done" set of pics. A tutorial would be Brad persuading the doc to post a proper "how to" thread with lots of pics, showing Brad, the tools he used, how he sharpened the knife etc etc. We could then have a massive argument about whether you should sharpen a scalpel with a file or a grinder.

Boy some of those guys on that sharp chain thread are pretty testy, arn't they. Bruce.

Brad, I wondered why your Doc called me and had me run a tube of RTV II down to him! :D

That blue stuff is what they used to help seal the spinal/brain fluid leak. Before that they patched it with a piece of facia.

Oh, man this forum is a pretty good buncha folks, I'd say.:rock: I think Dermaseal is the medical grade version of lo temp blue RTV, if I recall correctly.:jester:

My question is....will the shunt valve be Schrader, or some metric variant like Presta (bicycle tube technology)?????:jester:

If it is a Milton quick-connect, then you can use most any gauge to check your intracranial or intracochlear pressure. Any good race car has gauges to measure just about every operational parameter. So, you're actually getting souped up, Brad!

Seriously, many prayers for full and fast recovery, Brad!

Oh, and WAY cool of you to post those pics! You are ein guter Mensch for posting those!

The forum may have to draw up a set of guidleines as to what types of surgical pics are appropriate....

(I'm thinking we would likely take a pass on vasectomy or hemmie pics)

Last edited:
Brad,
I was thinking about you when cutting and moving wood Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Get well soon.:chainsawguy: :yourock: :bowdown:

No word from Brad during the past 27 hours. He is probably feeling really crappy right now. We got to keep up our prayers and well wishes for him. If you have not already done so, please leave some get-well rep for Brad. If you are not sure how just pm me or anyone nearby.

No word from Brad during the past 27 hours. He is probably feeling really crappy right now. We got to keep up our prayers and well wishes for him. If you have not already done so, please leave some get-well rep for Brad. If you are not sure how just pm me or anyone nearby.

check his new thread, "Stihl HO oiler parts"

Wow!!
Our prayers are with you!! I think that we need a 2 stroke heart, no valves ya know. Really though, God Bless you, your family and the doctors.

I hope that the duct tape and RTV will hold!!

Don't feel too bad Urbicide:) Today actually hasn't been a very good one. Yesterday my vertigo was better and my spirits were up. Even managed to tinker around with the oilers a little. I did notice a little bit more of a runny nose on the left side than the right which is a concern with the CSF leak. I called the doc last night and he said to just keep an eye on it. It didn't seem too serious. Well today, my vertigo has been worse, I've been sick to my stomach and then started getting a nagging headache on the left side of my neck this evening. Then to top it off I spiked a fever and it was 100F and climbing last time I checked about 30 minutes ago. Bummer. The last thing I want is a drain in my spine for the next 5 days or concerns about spinal menongitis. Anyway, the call is in to the doc waiting to see what to do. Please do keep me in your prayers. It was He who made me and He who know what's wrong with me and He who can heal me or give the doctors wisdom to do so.

Just finished reading all 177 posts and all I can say is what a great group of members we have on this site. Brad, I had a bout of vertigo not long ago and remember lying in bed hanging on for dear life as the room spun around. The nausea was bad but phenegren helped a lot. I think a virus might have caused it as it went away after a day or so thank God. Just wanted to let you know I feel your pain and am praying for your vertigo to go away. Best wishes, Lee

Jeez Brad, sounds like a really ####ty thing, hope you dont mind but I gotta have another beer ... maybe some days we'll sink a few together eh.

Ole Brad, he got my 44 parts from Oz and built a beaut lookin saw, and he bought me a 44 and sent it over, what a bloke.

I'd be stuffed if something like that hit me mate, I cant even stand a hangover these days, crikey the other day the wind was blowing, the tree was swaying, it was twisting and some branches were going up, some down, some around and I was thinking of puking or something. Same on boats, bloody hopeless. :laugh:

Don't feel too bad Urbicide:) Today actually hasn't been a very good one. Yesterday my vertigo was better and my spirits were up. Even managed to tinker around with the oilers a little. I did notice a little bit more of a runny nose on the left side than the right which is a concern with the CSF leak. I called the doc last night and he said to just keep an eye on it. It didn't seem too serious. Well today, my vertigo has been worse, I've been sick to my stomach and then started getting a nagging headache on the left side of my neck this evening. Then to top it off I spiked a fever and it was 100F and climbing last time I checked about 30 minutes ago. Bummer. The last thing I want is a drain in my spine for the next 5 days or concerns about spinal menongitis. Anyway, the call is in to the doc waiting to see what to do. Please do keep me in your prayers. It was He who made me and He who know what's wrong with me and He who can heal me or give the doctors wisdom to do so.

Brad.
Keep your Sprint's strong. Don't give up on them. Hang in there OK. Remember Brad, You Can't Keep A Good Man Down. We're keeping you in our Thoughts, and Prayers. Bruce.

Latest posts

Back