Prayers wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've got some not so good news. I started having severe headaches last week. They finally did a CT scan yesterday afternoon and they found that I have air on my brain. Somehow the CSF leak I had in my dura has reopened and air is getting in. If left unchecked and the pressure continues to build, it can be fatal. We have a beach side condo in Panama City bought for seven nights, tomorrow night through next Saturday. It's already paid for. We have reservations in Alabama tonight at a motel. We were levaing this morning. So the doctor asked me to come back in first thing this morning for another CT scan. We arrived with the van packed ready to leave not knowing if we were going to get to know or not. As it has turned out they ended up admitting me and I'm having emergency surgery at 6 PM tonight. They will reopen the surgery site, remove fatty tissue from my abdomen and pack and reseal the CSF leak. They will also be installing a lumbar drain which will be left in for 3-5 days. I'll likely be in ICU tonight. We are so disappointed about our vacation and I feel just horrible about Anna, my 9 year old daughter not getting to go. Put yourself in her shoes and just imagine her disappointment. I'm also not the least bit excited about going through all this again. I'm sick of this. Anyway, once again please keep me in your prayers that the doctors will be able to successfully repair the problem and we can put this all behind us.

Well I've got some not so good news. I started having severe headaches last week. They finally did a CT scan yesterday afternoon and they found that I have air on my brain. Somehow the CSF leak I had in my dura has reopened and air is getting in. If left unchecked and the pressure continues to build, it can be fatal. We have a beach side condo in Panama City bought for seven nights, tomorrow night through next Saturday. It's already paid for. We have reservations in Alabama tonight at a motel. We were levaing this morning. So the doctor asked me to come back in first thing this morning for another CT scan. We arrived with the van packed ready to leave not knowing if we were going to get to know or not. As it has turned out they ended up admitting me and I'm having emergency surgery at 6 PM tonight. They will reopen the surgery site, remove fatty tissue from my abdomen and pack and reseal the CSF leak. They will also be installing a lumbar drain which will be left in for 3-5 days. I'll likely be in ICU tonight. We are so disappointed about our vacation and I feel just horrible about Anna, my 9 year old daughter not getting to go. Put yourself in her shoes and just imagine her disappointment. I'm also not the least bit excited about going through all this again. I'm sick of this. Anyway, once again please keep me in your prayers that the doctors will be able to successfully repair the problem and we can put this all behind us.

Sorry to hear this.....

Brad,

We will definately be praying for you, your family and the staff on your case.
Don't sweat the vacation, I'm sure the family would rather have you well.
Florida will ALWAYS be there.
Mike

It may be hard, but try to find some positive in things. Be thankful you discovered this before you left for vacation and you can still have the same doctor. You and your family have my sympathies and I will send a prayer up for your prompt and safe recovery.

Kyle

Unmet friends

You have many friends here whom you have never met. I count myself among them. I and I believe all of the others have marveled at the job you have done on the "Snellerized" saws, and your ability to tell how it is done. So, now that you have trouble in your life all of your unmet friends are there to help pull you through. In the word of that famous philosopher Red Greene, "we're all in this together". Get well soon. JR

Brad,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight.
May you find comfort knowing the large ArboristSite Family is pulling for you.
Don

Your daughter wants her dad to feel better, we don't give them enough credit.
And Brad, you always gotta overdo everything, even getting screwed up!
Kidding aside, everyone send their good wishes and you are in our prayers.
Get well
Rob

Brad,
My prayers are totally with you. I agree it was him who made you and him who will determine when it is your time. He told us that he as made a great work for each one of us I am positive yours is not done I do not have a snelerized saw. LOL I agree about having your own personal nurse. I have none two been married to her a little over a year. We have had our fair share of ups and down. My prayers are with you.
Jared

Damn Brad that sucks, and there's no way to sugar coat that. But your in our prayers and thoughts. Hang in there man. Let the DR's do there thing and hope everything turns out well . Keep in touch and let us know how things go.
Prayers to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back