Premix 101: Oils, Ratios, and Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a bit like when you hear some one bigging up a business by talking turnover instead of profit, there's on old saying " turnover for vanity, profit for sanity" it's only a matter of opinion & ego whether some one wants to over or under emphasise how much their saw or tractor or piece of machinery has done hours, miles or whatever. Its not like were arguing about the impossibility of a tree defying gravity & falling in the opposite direction! I must be old school because most of the machinery I have operated recorded their engine hours by tachometer revolutions at full revs
ie; 2100 rpm for 60 minutes = 1 hour of operation, quality engine manufacturers have data on the service life of major components like cranks, Pistons & valves which relates directly to revolutions done before they will fail from stress. I base my opinions from experience in a previous life of agricultural, power generation, maritime & transport, I'd like to buy a saw from some one who thinks it's done a lot of work as it would have a lot of life left in it.
Here's some pics of some of my waste pile & downgraded timber from the last couple of weeks. I am, so therefor I must exist, LOL
Thangst
So you do actually work with wood. Thats a start. Hours on a saw are hours on a saw to me. It doesn't idle much. You still have a long way to go.

Is it possible to have a discussion about oil without personal attacks on each other? Seriously??!!!
Hey Bradley why don't you page back and figure out where it went wrong. How do you quantify time on a saw? I was purely making a point from experience and basically was told I'm full of it. What would you do? Walk?

So you do actually work with wood. Thats a start. Hours on a saw are hours on a saw to me. It doesn't idle much. You still have a long way to go.
How about you go out & cut some biscuits & tell us how long it takes to go through a tank of fuel instead of thinking someone is attacking your manhood, getting all upset & puffing your chest out over nothing.
thangst

The boys are just joshing the troll, and the troll hasn't figured that out yet.:popcorn2: Problems start when everyone else jumps into the ring. :blob2:

I think it's a bit like when you hear some one bigging up a business by talking turnover instead of profit, there's on old saying " turnover for vanity, profit for sanity" it's only a matter of opinion & ego whether some one wants to over or under emphasise how much their saw or tractor or piece of machinery has done hours, miles or whatever. Its not like were arguing about the impossibility of a tree defying gravity & falling in the opposite direction! I must be old school because most of the machinery I have operated recorded their engine hours by tachometer revolutions at full revs
ie; 2100 rpm for 60 minutes = 1 hour of operation, quality engine manufacturers have data on the service life of major components like cranks, Pistons & valves which relates directly to revolutions done before they will fail from stress. I base my opinions from experience in a previous life of agricultural, power generation, maritime & transport, I'd like to buy a saw from some one who thinks it's done a lot of work as it would have a lot of life left in it.
Here's some pics of some of my waste pile & downgraded timber from the last couple of weeks. I am, so therefor I must exist, LOL
Thangst
Gotta few sayings too:

~Cut 'er up! or shut 'er up!
~ there are those that teach
and those that do.
~ there's those that do it for a living worth hundred an hour
and there's those that just do it
that tend to be $hitty Çolck suckers....lol
(got a parallel going on)
~There is running a saw ...'n' those that no how to run a saw.

You are talking about a machine, in this case blitzer IS the machine. That saw is the extension of us and moves on the Saddle, hinge, glid, ball and socket.
the gas tank is our clock and we need that clock to empty so many times. even if its day rate. we don't play with 'time'
Any self respecting slasher, Faller, tree thinning/spacing connifer release/brusher,
will have a certain similar amount of tanks they will burn in a day. This is the majority ^^^^^ given was the definitely. Period!! That makes blitzer clearly right now and three days ago. Anyway..his activities, his method, his definition.
Which is way in the pro majority of chain saw activities when it comes to "one saw does all" WOW
But then what would I know.

How about you go out & cut some biscuits & tell us how long it takes to go through a tank of fuel instead of thinking someone is attacking your manhood, getting all upset & puffing your chest out over nothing.
thangst

You must be a tough mother ****er down there. Known from coast to coast by aboriginies and saw gurus alike. An oracle if you will. A vast knowledge worth a worldwide pilgrimage. The ends of the earth are tied at your doorstep. Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining. I always wonder about the guys who start talking about **** sizes. I believe you brought that up in our last discussion too. Women talk like that here and men of another persuasion. The game has been fun. You lost once again.

Gotta few sayings too:

and those that do.

You are talking about a machine, in this case blitzer IS the machine. That saw is the extension of us and moves on the Saddle, hinge, glid, ball and socket.
the gas tank is our clock and we need that clock to empty so many times. even if its day rate. we don't play with 'time'
Any self respecting slasher, Faller, tree thinning/spacing connifer release/brusher,
will have a certain similar amount of tanks they will burn in a day. This is the majority ^^^^^ given was the definitely. Period!! That makes blitzer clearly right now and three days ago. Anyway..his activities, his method, his definition.
Which is way in the pro majority of chain saw activities when it comes to "one saw does all" WOW
For those that know, know. Sometimes you have to just shake your head.

If i could find it in the shed under the cobwebs! LOL. If I only did 30 hrs a year & thought it wasn't manly enough I can always triple the hrs to include idling time
one of these removes most of the guess work

• Tiny Tach TT2A Digital Hour Meter / Tachometer - Adjustable Resettable Job Timer
thansk
Pics of just ONE of your saws with this attachment ............. or it didnt happen

Thangst
This is TOTAL BS !!
There is NO WAY that you could procure the difference between operating at idle and operating at WOT.
You are so full of yourself that you not only need to burp, you need to throw-up.
Most who know are on to your BS ...................... just in case you didnt know

Gotta few sayings too:

and those that do.

you forgot the one " I was doing this for a living long before your were even born" oh thats right, I was! Tell me your year of birth Ill see if I have a invoice docket book from that year or before showing the logs volumes I cut.
thansk

Pics of just ONE of your saws with this attachment ............. or it didnt happen
why? I've timed how long it takes me to drain a tank of fuel with some idling time included, it was a suggestion to the OP to take the guesswork out an assumption. but just to keep you happy ill take a pic anyway.

This is TOTAL BS !!
There is NO WAY that you could procure the difference between operating at idle and operating at WOT.
You are so full of yourself that you not only need to burp, you need to throw-up.
Most who know are on to your BS ...................... just in case you didnt know
There are millons of older tractors & trucks that record engine hours by engine revolutions, i.e. 2100rpm x 60 min = 1 hr or 1050rpm x 60 min = 0.5 hrs, you must be a city boy if you dont know that! Ask any farmer, they will tell you.
ta

There are millons of older tractors & trucks that record engine hours by engine revolutions, i.e. 2100rpm x 60 min = 1 hr or 1050rpm x 60 min = 0.5 hrs, you must be a city boy if you dont know that! Ask any farmer, they will tell you.
ta
I didnt ask any farmer, I was asking someone who was supposed to know what they were talking about, and could show me this on a saw

I didnt ask any farmer, I was asking someone who was supposed to know what they were talking about, and could show me this on a saw
so which bit is total BS then?

NOS Mack mechanical tachometer (0-3200 RPM) with hour meter (17MT389P1??).

Attached Thumbnails
  • $_35.JPG

• $_33.JPG
    • $_33.JPG

• we can all see its not this part, the pic will have to wait untill the morning as i dont keep my saws tucked up in bed with me.
  • tangst

so which bit is total BS then?

NOS Mack mechanical tachometer (0-3200 RPM) with hour meter (17MT389P1??).

Attached Thumbnails

• we can all see its not this part, the pic will have to wait untill the morning as i dont keep my saws tucked up in bed with me.
  • tangst

You must be a tough mother ****er down there. Known from coast to coast by aboriginies and saw gurus alike. An oracle if you will. A vast knowledge worth a worldwide pilgrimage. The ends of the earth are tied at your doorstep. Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining. I always wonder about the guys who start talking about **** sizes. I believe you brought that up in our last discussion too. Women talk like that here and men of another persuasion. The game has been fun. You lost once again.
Seeing its come down to this level, you know i stuck up for your recently when someone was bad mouthing you, they said you wouldn't make a loggers A*ole, I said no way, thats not true, because I reckon you would!

Latest posts

Back