Pro Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgaj1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Which Ryobi chainsaw are most of the pro loggers using these days?

I haven't been around for a while, so thought I would say hello!

Which Ryobi chainsaw are most of the pro loggers using these days?

I haven't been around for a while, so thought I would say hello!

The new ryobis have new tecnolagy that allows you to run 1" of bar lenght per 1cc, Most of the pros are using the 33cc model and for extreme bar lenghts the 40cc one

attachment.php

This is what I run for production falling of massive old growth peckerwood. I take the safety tip off because I'm a total badass. I'm also really strong so I can pack lots of batteries into the woods where I go super-logging. Good day, sir.

attachment.php

This is what I run for production falling of massive old growth peckerwood. I take the safety tip off because I'm a total badass. I'm also really strong so I can pack lots of batteries into the woods where I go super-logging. Good day, sir.

:ices_rofl:

attachment.php

I re-wound 2 mirowave transformers , then wired in series to the armature which I had re-wound with 14ga. oxygen free copper , on my Ryobi . Then I spliced 14 of those high performance 10" ryobi chains together , so I can run a 48" bar , for milling 46" oak and hickory with mine . I'm drawing 200 amps , and getting 1 minute run times out of a single 120ah gel cell .

Ryobi makes chainsaws?

No, actually, they don't. But they do make stickers that say "Ryobi". They put those stickers on saws made by other companies. The big seller is the Chinese-made Ryobi 10532. In fact it's a re-labeled Redmax G400. In other words, it's a Husqvarna (or should I say Echo)! :biggrin:

Doug

Hello,

Believe they are the only Ryobi series that have a good name.
In Europe their model number is RCS 4046 C, I bought one to see if these are as good as they say.

DSCF2209.jpg

DSCF2209.jpg

Moore about it. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/100462.htm

It is a strato saw, i opened the muffler a bit and i can say that i like the saw. Powerful enough for her 40cc.
Reliable, good starting, low weight, but there was the issue with the too long fuelline and i did not like the safety chain.
Put the new model Stihl 3/8 low profile with full chisel on it and it goes well.

The inside:

DSCF2203.jpg

Nice thing beside my collection of vintage Echo EVL models, can even swap the bars

Greetings from Holland

Jos.

It's pretty amazing they could manufacture all those parts, assemble, package, and ship across the ocean, truck to a store, sell for a $100, and still make some money. Child labor wins!

No, actually, they don't. But they do make stickers that say "Ryobi". They put those stickers on saws made by other companies. The big seller is the Chinese-made Ryobi 10532. In fact it's a re-labeled Redmax G400. In other words, it's a Husqvarna (or should I say Echo)! :biggrin:

Doug
Is this STILL true about the ones Sold by Home Depot here in 2018?
For the life of me I've not been able to find out if a cheap refurbished Ryobi is as good as, or better than a refurbished PL3314 Poulan. So at this time in history do we know if Ryobi is as good or better than refurbished AV Poulan saws?

Imo they are better than the poulan 3314. They use the same design case and plastics as the ry10532 but aren't strato charged and 38cc. They are clones. They run and cut good for 110$ new.

Imo they are better than the poulan 3314. They use the same design case and plastics as the ry10532 but aren't strato charged and 38cc. They are clones. They run and cut good for 110$ new.

Thanks. I was told the Poulan PL3314 weighs 15 lbs. My Echo 490 on my scales ready to saw comes in less than 15 pounds. Have you put a Ryobi on scales ready to saw?
Also, I have several sets of bars and chains for the old green Poulan. I'm wondering if the Ryobi could wear the Poulan bar and chain. Mine are 3/8 drive, .050 gauge different links, depending upon bar size. Are Ryobi parts available? I've had to replace the side tensioner gears on my Sthil before. Have a great day. Thanks again.

I haven't had mine on a scale yet but from feel id say 10-11 lbs. They use 3/8 050 chain. You can get parts from ereplacementparts.com, aliexpress, and even from zenoah/redmax.

I'm reading reviews on Refurbished 14 inch ones at Home Depot. Some say theirs looks new, others say they got dirty junk. One guy got one with spark plug wire broken. I'm not sure refurbished is a good idea. Sounds like rolling the dice. May be better to buy new.
Model is Ryobi ZRRY3714. Reconditioned for $69.97.
Sounds good but lots of bad reviews. Thanks

Latest posts

Back