Production faller... 5 years experience.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
no hard feeling man. i love logging it is what i live for and i know i do not know it all and have alot to learn and the cat oh yeah i have a close family freind who owns a contracting company and trained me on a cat. gotta say if i would not have logging i would run a cat> say what is your screen name on youtube?

FRUNTCASTER-- Derived from a camping/fishing outing with some friends.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
thanks atleast some of us can get along

Awww... Don't mind the other fellas... They're just giving you a hard time. If you start producing video, where you're asking questions on a tree, or cut--they'll likely not smell blood, and go in for the kill. ;) We love good video with questions!! Like, "How does my stump look?" "What could I have done better?" Etcetera.

I do suggest you do some reading here on chain filing/grinding. After watching your video's, I know your chain can use some work. I know a lot of guys here that thought they had it mastered... And ended up learning a lot, and their chains now show it.

You should try and slow down a bit too... Don't rush through the cut... It gives you more time to evaluate the situation, and make decisions based on what's presented. Like I was telling another member here a week or so ago in a PM...

"I'd rather be slow and alive, rather than fast and dead."

wvlogger

wvlogger

Rock trucker
Awww... Don't mind the other fellas... They're just giving you a hard time. If you start producing video, where you're asking questions on a tree, or cut--they'll likely not smell blood, and go in for the kill. ;) We love good video with questions!! Like, "How does my stump look?" "What could I have done better?" Etcetera.

I do suggest you do some reading here on chain filing/grinding. After watching your video's, I know your chain can use some work. I know a lot of guys here that thought they had it mastered... And ended up learning a lot, and their chains now show it.

You should try and slow down a bit too... Don't rush through the cut... It gives you more time to evaluate the situation, and make decisions based on what's presented. Like I was telling another member here a week or so ago in a PM...

"I'd rather be slow and alive, rather than fast and dead."

okay i will do that i am going out tommorow to make a video were i just ask for help with my chains my stumps and bucking and i will read up on sharpening i like to think i am pretty good at filing but i have some trouble with my left arm from a bad accedent skidding logs to the landing had a choker break and nearly killed me but i will read up on it

Nailsbeats

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
WV logger, I didn't know you were a member here, welcome! Keep the ears, eyes, and brain clear. There is much to be learned.:)

Get that saw sharpening perfected and smooth out your cutting style. Your last video looked light years ahead of the first one I saw.

wvlogger

wvlogger

Rock trucker
WV logger, I didn't know you were a member here, welcome! Keep the ears, eyes, and brain clear. There is much to be learned.:)

Get that saw sharpening perfected and smooth out your cutting style. Your last video looked light years ahead of the first one I saw.

o one new i was till today quite a shock it had i know i have a lot to learn and i have learned alot you all just keep cramming tips down my throat lol in the past 2 days just reading the post i have learned alot:chainsaw:

Latest posts