Project: Old Mickey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of pressure are you showing when you have the cylinder in motion? Or when you try and stop the ram (using a block of wood)?

I haven't put a piece of wood in it yet,, thats how bad it's running.. I was thinking on the way home tonight that the cylinder is running in the oppiste direction that it should. I have the forward port on the valve running the the back of the cyl and the rear to the front of the cyl. Could I have a different valve or is maybe somewthins wsrong with the valve and it's not releasing pressure for the return.. i'm going to head out after supper and play with it abit.

I played with it abit tonight. I switched the lines around so they seems backwards but the cylinder moved forward with no issues but I couldn't get it to come back. I had the Honda rev'd pretty hugh with no luck.. I have another valve I'm going to try, it's a heavy duty one made for a large peice of equipment and looks to be rebuildable. Just have to figure out my line and see if I have the right fittings this valve takes the 3/4" fittings but I think I migth have enough.

Oh and Jags the PSI would spike to about 800-900 on the reverse before it would stall out the motor.

Oh and Jags the PSI would spike to about 800-900 on the reverse before it would stall out the motor.

You really shouldn't see 900 psi under a no load return. And depending on what that pump really is, if that is somewhere around 12-14 GPM single stage, your motor will not pull it much more than 900 PSI.

Back