PS5100S Stock Compression Going Wild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That PA brew black & Tan looks really good! I got a buddy in Maryland... Think he could get all these beers you guys are talking about?

I don't understand the obsession with compression numbers on this site. It's like a fat person buying a scale to tell them they're a fat ass.

It's a conspiracy, they check them just to annoy you. BTW, do you own a scale?

Heck we better... Ricks got a head start on us!! LOL

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Nathan! The AS SALOON was filled with smoke so bad and rowdy people drinking I missed this one!

I know the THE DOCTOR too well, I'm sure he has his sleeves up right now tinkering with a monster:jawdrop: Old School Style:clap:

The dolmars that I've tested new (5100) all have around 180-190 pounds. Check you gauge, I bought a gauge from napa that cost $90 and I had to exchange it for 3 more cause non of them worked right!!!

The dolmars that I've tested new (5100) all have around 180-190 pounds. Check you gauge, I bought a gauge from napa that cost $90 and I had to exchange it for 3 more cause non of them worked right!!!

He got it figured out last night Forrest... He was only pulling on the saw once. The saw ended up pulling 160-170.

Dang! I bought mine from NAPA too!

I took a fresh reading before going to work and it read 183lbs. pulling crazy hard for like 7 pulls.

So it does look like I'll be sticking with the stock duration and just widening.

Rick

Dang, looks like I missed the party. :mad:

Yuengling.....I've only had it once but yea that's some pretty good beer!......I only live about an 1 1/2 hours from the PA boarder and I can't get it either, without going to PA. :bang:

Their marketing plan is worse than Dolmars! :laugh:

160!!! Now that sounds crazy wild for a stock saw.

Well, if it is indeed 160lbs., it looks like I'll stick to the original plan my brain wrote down on the first post minus the compression and just widen the intake and take the exhaust to the max and keep the stock numbers.:clap:

No offense, but you admit you're a Rookie and you didn't even know how to take a proper compression test. Now you're going to port the saw.:confused:
Odds are you're going to ruin it- I probably would too. This is a nice Dolmar 5100 that seems to be in good shape- its going to be a clear cut case of saw abuse! Why not start on some cheapo used saw or one of the $99 factory bebuilt saws?

The 5100 out of the box is a great little saw,plenty of torque and top end, i can't imagine trying to get more out of it,when it is already top dog in the 50cc class.

Latest posts

Back