Putting chainsaw on your bikecycle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floris

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here in Belgium, we had a young guy who putted a chainsaw on this bike, check out:
(because he was to young to ride a real bike)

[video=youtube;UcLN7V9zC9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcLN7V9zC9M[/video]

Handy guy!

Regards,
Floris

Smart kid,

bet they would frown upon that on Macinaw Island:biggrinbounce2:

I've built many bicycles with engines on them, some with chainsaws, whacker engines, and snowblower engines. What else do you do with 50- 100 engines in your shop and lots of beer. This bike is my favorite and I use it 4 or 5 times a week for trips to the gas station, it can be built in a matter of hours. I ditch the clutch and peddle start the motors or drop start them. This has a McCulloch timber bear engine and does 40mph, it gets there quickly by the way. It's useing a bike trick peg with keyway stock welded to it in a cog sort of way with the tire for no slippage.
I had a die hard mcculloch 600 series guy come over and traded some parts with him, he told me it was sacraligious that I desicrated a mcculloch timber bear in such good shape. I told him it was a tribute bike and if I didn't I wouldn't have any parts for him.
There's nothing better that the look on peoples faces when your screaming around on a chainsaw bike.:hmm3grin2orange:
Kevin

Picture069.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture066.jpg

I've built many bicycles with engines on them, some with chainsaws, whacker engines, and snowblower engines. What else do you do with 50- 100 engines in your shop and lots of beer. This bike is my favorite and I use it 4 or 5 times a week for trips to the gas station, it can be built in a matter of hours. I ditch the clutch and peddle start the motors or drop start them. This has a McCulloch timber bear engine and does 40mph, it gets there quickly by the way. It's useing a bike trick peg with keyway stock welded to it in a cog sort of way with the tire for no slippage.
I had a die hard mcculloch 600 series guy come over and traded some parts with him, he told me it was sacraligious that I desicrated a mcculloch timber bear in such good shape. I told him it was a tribute bike and if I didn't I wouldn't have any parts for him.
There's nothing better that the look on peoples faces when your screaming around on a chainsaw bike.:hmm3grin2orange:
Kevin

Pretty slick Kev. I can't understand the fanaticism that some guys seem to have for the PM600 series MexiMacs. They're OK saws, but they are NOT something to get all butt-hurt about. It's not like you built that bike using a 797 or 895...

I thought you were talking about this at first.
However yesterday I saw a Stihl on a bike. I took a picture of it. I post it up later.

I was going to put one of my Echo CS-60S saws on a bike but some states have laws on the cc's and i think its 49 cc or you need a MC license plate. Anyway here is some good motorbiking reading...Bob
Motorized Bicycle: Engine Kit Forum

Yup, but how many LEOs are going to know the displacement of, for example, a Homie C5. I know my S.I.L. (St. Joe PD) won't.:laugh:

Back