Quality fire wood 25 inch bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Livin

I DON'T EVEN BURN WOOD
Reaction score
I am wondering who makes a quality 25 inch bar for cutting firewood. Will be on a stihl 441c running rsc 3/8 .050 chain. Not picky on brand just something that has a sproket nose and decent long gevity. Thanks for the help

i use oregon bars 'powermatch' and find them excellent,i have one now for 12months on a 365sp husky,it's the same as the day it went on it,heavily used every day almost.

What about the stihl ES light bar?

Surely an obvious choice?

While I do enjoy my stihl es bar in that configuration, there is no Light 3003 mount version smaller than 28".

I like my 25" very well. Bought mine new off a local guy shipped with new chain for less than $80 or so.

Stihl ES 25"

+10000 I've got ES bars that have cut an unbelievable amount of wood and are Stihl going, were talking literally several hundered cord over the years in the wood business. I can't think of one any better unless you find a Sugihara, and not sure it would be any better unless it is cosmetically.

your choices will be STIHL ES SUGI HARA and TSUMURA and it's variants like total and carlton

ps the oregon bars are made of butter last one i had needed dressing evry time i used it :poop:

your choices will be STIHL ES SUGI HARA and TSUMURA and it's variants like total and carlton

ps the oregon bars are made of butter last one i had needed dressing evry time i used it :poop:

I feel kinda the same way about the Oregon Bar's they are softer and have to be dressed alot

Why did Baileys stop selling Windsor(Sandvik) bars? Bought my last in 2000. (Still cutting-40 cords and some grinding later.)

Last edited:
Back